closer

"I wish more than anything that you and I were closer, Tommy. I wish we didn't have others to call love, I wish we met each other without being tied to a husband or wife." You words come out in a light whisper, as you press your hands against his cheek. You lean in and inhale his scent. "God- I wish we didn't have to pretend."

Your eyes bat shut when he leans in and catches your lips against his. Tommy kisses you wholeheartedly as if to answer you back. But you shake your head, wanting to hear him say the words he's been meaning to say all along. His mouth twitches into a smile, he doesn't want to be separated from you any longer.

"Say something," you breathe.

"I-" Thomas bats his eyes open, eyelashes fluttering against your skin. "I feel the same way, y/n. I wish I could hold you like this forever and be the person you wake up to in the mornin'." He stares at you as if you were the last thing he'll ever be able to lay his eyes on. His voice is quiet with sincerity. "I wish I could be everywhere you are. I wish you could call me yours."

And that really makes your heart skip a beat. You were never one to cheat, you've always thought you were a one-man kind of gal. But alas, when you laid eyes on Thomas Shelby, you knew, the husband who you swore to love disappeared and all you wanted was Tommy.

You were intrigued to find out such a complex man was interested in you: such a simple lady. And intrigued he was, sweeping you off of your feet and telling you things any woman would die to hear. He was fascinating, big and bad to most, but romantic and emotional with you.

Sure it was hard to get a smile out of him at first, but the moment he grappled a piece of you, and felt safe with you. You were his everything. It was fast and feverish, and passionate, and filled with love. You've never felt so committed to someone like this before.

Looking into his eyes, so captivated, you can feel your eye well up. Thomas swipes his thumb over your face. "What if we just tell 'em," He whispers, "Tell them the truth, that we love each other?"

You swallow, getting lost in his words, "I tell my husband about us?"

"Yea," He nods stiffly, "And I tell my wife."

"I-" You whisper, staring at him, lost beyond belief by this man.

"We can be happy and joyful and bright. We'll be fuckin' romantic, I'll take the kids to the park and we'll take turns putting 'em to bed." He tilts his head, smiling at you and hoping for the best as he oozes his heart onto you. "And we'll find a house somewhere quiet where you'll paint and I'll be with me horses, the kids 'ill go to school, be smart like their mother."

"Thomas!" You cry out wrapping your arm around his neck to hug him. "Oh, you are too good." You nuzzle your head into his neck.

"And I'll be a good husband to you, y/n. Takin' you out and showing you off, because you're the woman of my dreams. You're gonna be mine, and I'll love yous like no one else can and will."

You pull away, searching his eyes. He kisses you lightly placing his hand on your cheek. "And then what?"

You put your hand over his and bite down on your lip. For a moment you think you're dreaming, but remember that nothing about this day is a fragment of your mind, but rather, a reality.

"And then we be free." Thomas whispers.

Free.

You contemplate it, in his arms. The thought of always being in his arms until the day you're old and grey. Perhaps Tom will be there till the day you die. And wow, the thought of you being Mrs. Thomas Shelby almost makes you feel all warm inside. Like the world is whole again, you can almost feel your head moving up and down before your lips crumble against his.

He engulfs you in a hug like no other and tells you he loves you in his ear.

"So much," He coos, "I love ya so much."