we're alright (request)

anon baby: Can you do an Imagine where Tommy gets arrested? Loveeeee ur work and it'd mean the world to me!!!!!!

an: thanks for the request anon, and I hope you love it! (i really had a lot of fun writing this)

You knew to call Arthur and Polly, informing them of Tommy's arrest. Stay calm, Thomas had told you, grabbing your cheeks to focus your attention on him, make sure you're calm, because trust me love, everything'll be ok. And then call for the lawyer. It was clockwork, one sequence after another until Thomas was back in your arms. You were prepared. Or so you thought, because on the contrary, the moment the police officers barged into your house and into your room, guns out, you gasped louder than ever as Thomas shielded your body from the weapons pointed at you.

"Thomas Shelby!" one man with a deep voice bellows, "We have a warrant out for your arrest!"

They bare flashlights, as one finally turns the lamps on to your room, illuminating a scene. You sprawl under Thomas, but look out between the crook of his neck and shoulder, breathing heavily.

You stare in dismay at the vast amount of men looking at you with desire and hunger in their eyes. Your eyes trickle down to the skin you show: your toes, thighs and a peak of the flesh-toned lace underwear. Your décolletage, showing as if to flaunt your body to these men. When the only man you intended to ever show your body to, breathes deep as his eyes meet yours. "You alright?"

He makes the time to make sure you're alright, as at least ten policemen stand in your flat.

Shaking your head, you tug down at your nightgown, covering your legs before you wrap your hands around your chest. You do this all in a way that makes it known that these mens have their eyes on you, which only infuriates Thomas.

"Let me see those eyes," He says, freezing the moment in time. He wakes you up from all of your worries, washing it all away. You swallow, meeting those baby blues, he winks at you, brushing his thumb over your lip the way he does when you're visibly uncomfortable. Something he picked up after the first night you two made love. "There you are," He smiles once you do. "There's my love..." He sounds a little strained, but you get lost in his eyes. "We're alright." 

"Thomas," You arch your back, hearing the men cock back their weapons. You lace your hand around his arm, wanting to express that you're scared. Because goodness gracious, you could feel your heart pounding, your mind in a haze.

They forcibly grab Thomas, ripping him off of you. You watch his eyes grow wide, you are paralyzed and can't take your eyes off the way they attack him to the ground. Thomas does not take their hurting hands with ease, rather that, he fights them. And you watch everything you two have planned go astray.

"No!" You scream, watching as one of them whip out some sort of baton and smacks it into the small of Thomas's back. Your heart hurts as you watch helplessly. You feel a wide range of emotions, sick and confused, and more than anything. Physically sick.

No, you've got to do something, something inside of your roars. Your fingers tingle, adrenaline pumping through your innocent veins. You can't just sit there and stay quiet, watching him be abused like this.

The men notice that you are witnessing the abuse and circle around him, hiding you from seeing the show. You hear another whip, and then another before Thomas falls to the floor in a defenceless howl.

You get on your feet, standing on the bed when you lunge at the one who raises his hand at Thomas. You pull his arm back and he cries out in agony before his strength overpowers yours. Quickly, he reacts and strikes you in the face. His palm coming down on your cheek and the slap is loud and painful. The impact nearly knocks you to the ground. You flop on the bed, feeling his body overpower yours. He's got a smirk on his face as you hold your cheek, a tear rolling down.