The Wife (8)

An: purrrrhaps my fav part

Eight | Cat and Mouse

I knew that as I got drunk out of my mind, that soon enough Thomas will come to rescue me. So, I did the most. Sitting in the Barkley Pub, getting it on with a stranger from London. He couldn't help but adore me, he called me beautiful and I was smitten by the attention.

What girl doesn't want to be called beautiful?

"I have a husband, you know?" I giggled as he leaned in. I turned my nose away from him, and he loved the chase.

"I don't see him around." He says. "Why don't you let me take you home?"

"I think I got 'er, mate." Thomas says, standing between us. I look up at him and grin. My husband is here to save the day. Or night.

"Hii." I exhale.

Thomas smiles down at me.

"Didnt you hear the lady? She's got a husband." The man scoffs.

"Yeah." I muse up at Tommy.

Thomas's eyes twinkle in the dim lit space. "You do?" He asks me.

"Mmmm." I nod, before realizing he's in a suit that's got a bit of a blood stain on it. My eyes trickle back up to Thomas's.

I get off of the bar and stumble in my heels, to which Thomas grabs my arm, helping me to my feet. "Are you okay to walk?" He asks.

"If I say no will you carry me?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies.

I nod, "Then I guess I'm okay to walk."

"Oi!" The man who so graciously kept me company calls for me. "Where are you going?! Come on you!"

Thomas pulls me into him, he steadies me out by walking behind me. My back is cool against his warm chest, I watch as people around us watch us.

"Why are you so drunk?" He asks, his voice is in my ear. "I don't like when you drink so much."

"I don't like when you drink so much." I tell him, pushing my back into him. His hands move down my thighs, "and this is too short." He murmurs, bringing his lips to my ear. "Are you trying to drive me mad? You obviously knew what you were doing..."

I roll my eyes. I'm wearing a bloody coat that hugs my ankles. He needs to piss off.

He walks me to his car, and opens the door for me. I spin around, looking up at Thomas. I throw my hand around his neck and pout. My heart lunges into him.

"Don't take me to my hotel. I hate being alone." I state.

"No one asked you to leave our home." He reminds me.

I break into a smile and he now rolls his eyes.

"Thomas?" I ask.

I get a small smile out of him. "Yes?"

"Do you miss me?"

He grits his teeth, his jaw flexes. He breaks eye contact and looks up at the sky, Thomas opens the door to the car for me. "Get in, will you?"

I listen to him, and slip inside his brand new car. Or at least I think it's brand new. It smells like it's brand new. He drives, I don't tell him how dizzy and faint I feel. The last time I told Thomas I was feeling dizzy, he yelled at me. I chuckle at the memory. Damn him. I settled for so much shit.

He grips the wheel harder. "Joanna?" He says.

"What is it?" I turn my head and look at him, sleep fills my eyes. He puts his hand on my hand, and I look at him wondering what exactly He wants from me.

"Everyday." He stiffens out.

I open my mouth, and then frown. "What are you talking about?"

Of course I'm too drunk to even know what the hell is going on. And Thomas smirks and I look out the window unsure of how else to handle him. He's so strange. Everyday. What the fuck he is talking about.

I watch as he pulls into the house. "Will you carry me to the house?" I ask only once he parks.

Thomas walks towards my side of the car and pulls open the door. "You really want me to carry you?" He asks. I know he's truly loving this moment. Even as I nod my head up and down. He does so, scooping me into his arms. I laugh, nuzzling my head into his neck and smelling him. He smells divine, and I want nothing more than to tell him that. My legs hand over his arms and I cross my ankles. I shut my eyes for a moment.

God, I love you.

"Okay okay." I swat him away, once we're in front of the house. "Don't want anyone to think I'm in love with you, put me down."

He laughed, and I'm left standing. I look up at Thomas who smirks. There is mischief in his eyes. I break into a grin, "What are you–" before I know it he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Thomas!" I cry.

He slaps my ass, hard, and carries me upstairs.

"Oh I might throw up on your beautiful suit!" I tell him, in a chorus of giggles. My hands skim his soft suit, and I wish he was naked. I can't stop wishing he were naked. Maybe tonight's the night. I get rather excited, "Thomas–"

"No you don't." He mumbled as he laid in me in bed. I laugh, hard when my back hits the bouncy mattress. He lays me down and leaves my sight to grab my heels and gently tugs them off.

I curled my toes, and tried to sit up. "Tommy, please..."

"No, Jo." He brought his head back up to my face and searched my eyes, my features. "You're drunk and I respect youse too much to do anything with you. Ey?"

"Respect?" I scoff.

He lifts my head for a moment, I think it's to connect a kiss, but Tommy only wants to put a pillow under my head. I pout, I'm in my drunkest state, and madly in love with my ex.

He kisses my forehead. He doesn't smile, but he doesn't frown either. "I love you. Goodnight." He says, before shutting off the light and leaving my bedroom.