my turn (read w. caution)

"That's what this is, hey, you hurt yourself and get on with life." He grabs your hand, prying the sharp end of the razor from your grip, "This needs to stop. Ok? Enough of the cutting."

You shake your head, tears running down your face. He's upset with you, which only makes you feel guilty. But as his eyes search yours, you whimper. "Tommy..."

"This has got to stop!" He throws the blade across the floor, making you jump.

"How?" You croak, feeling him move quickly to tend to the wound on your wrist.

He wraps a cloth around the open cut, hastily covering it up. You swallow, feeling your heart rate slow down.

He caught you just before the inevitable ending to your existence.

You look up and stare into his eyes, trying to figure out how he'll answer your question. The pain and unforgiving hurt that's being caused to you on a daily basis is too much to bare. Your mental state has been severely wounded, and all you want to do is leave this earth.

"I don't know how," Tommy whispers, "But I'll help you get through it." He takes your wrists in his hands and squeezes them to stop from bleeding more.

His heart hurts seeing that you don't wince in pain. But as terrible as that is, you really don't feel anything.

"I'll get you the help you deserve," He whispers, catching your eyes. "Hey?"

Help. You nearly laugh, Thomas Shelby the busiest lad in potentially, all of England is going to find the time to help. No, you really don't think that'll happen.

"Do you remember when we were in school together, and you helped me with my maths." He said in a soft voice.

You look up, not answering but listening.

"I said I couldn't do it, but you-you made sure I could. You were there for me when all of those teachers were givin' up on me. You remember?"

Unable to help yourself, you nod. Knowing exactly what he's talking about. How could you forget? Tommy and you were six years-old, the teachers had called him retarded because he didn't know enough about the subject. They had given up on him.

But it was you who helped him out, and in return he shared his lunch with yous and chatted you up nearly everyday with his funny stories from home.

That's how your friendship came about. It was the two of yous, the boy who was bad at math, and the girl who didn't have a proper lunch of her own.

"And Mr. White said, 'you two will have the friendship of a lifetime' you remember that?" He adds, lightly smiling at you.

"I remember." You breathe.

"Well," Tommy sniffles, and as he leans over and brushed away her tears with his fingers. He sees a look of tenderness on her face. Thomas's throat closes up. He shook his head, trying to keep his voice stead, "I'm going to help you now. Ok?" Finally, Thomas smiles weakly.

"Oh Tommy..." You said just as the tears begin again. You lean into him and begin to cry harder as Tommy fights back his own tears.

He holds you close to him, wrapping his arms around you.

"That's what I'll do, I'll help you now."