Goodnight

Anon baby : Hey darling love your imaginessss you would you mind writing a part 2 to The Break Up? I really loved it. Xxx

Authors notes; this was smooshy and gooshy because i binge watched 'normal people' and feel really unbalanced. I loved writing this and I'm sorry it took so damn long to create. Stay safe and healthy people. - different scenario altogether, btw.

I looked around the crowded living room and smiled at the people who were attending mum's wake. She might not have been the richest, but she was wealthy with friends and family around her. She's left us, and I'm dwelling on the fact that I won't ever get to hear her voice. But she's gone with grace and so much love. Mum wanted to be celebrated, so celebrate her we did.

For the past week my nights of me being back in Birmingham, my dreams invaded by Tommy. That blue eyed angel came to haunt me every night since my coming back. Moving elsewhere was the trick, I was able to tune the thought of him out because I was too busy with work. But since I've come back, it's like the floodgates have reopened and those suppressed memories and thoughts have come back with a vengeance. It hurt like crazy, Tommy hurt like crazy and even though it's been four years since we've parted ways, I still felt so involved in him.

We had an intimate kind of love. Some say it's the type of love you only get to have once in a lifetime. The type that was groundbreaking, and passionate. We'd scream to profess our love for each other and whisper sweet nothings when we felt like it. Sworn we were going to get married. The type of love we had was astronomically tragic, because no one intended for things to end up this way. It was the type of love that meant, once we break up, we couldn't possibly be friends because what we had was so human and raw. When we did inevitably break up, we couldn't just be friends. The idea was truly laughable. Despite how badly we wanted to remain in each other's life, there was no way we could bury up the history of our romance and pave over that with a friendship. The results were catastrophic.

I walked around the living room and headed to the upstairs to my bedroom. I twisted the doorknob and allowed myself in. Kicking off my heels, I made my way through my bedroom and stopped before my vanity. I looked at myself in the mirror and sighed. I've looked better, since coming back, Tommy's kept me awake. The darkness around my eyes were evident along with the paleness in my face and arms. I looked at my clothes and let out a wail. My dress, that was a sorry black seemed to do it for me. A tear rolled down my cheek and I clung onto the table with all my might. I didn't want to sob, mum was happy, she lived a long, beautiful life. But a feeling of loneliness rolled over me like the rain cloud that began outside.
I heard the knock on the door but ignored it, letting out a whimper, I covered my eyes with my hands and told myself to stop it. Mum wouldn't have wanted this. She'd want to be celebrated.

The door clicked open and I shut my eyes hoping it wasn't my aunt Sheryl again. A lovely woman, but an overbearing one to say the least.

"Y/N?"

Tom's voice was shy at first, that's why I didn't turn around the second I could because I didn't know if that voice belonged to him.

The door shut and I turned around to see him standing there with a bleak look on his face. Thomas stands there with his hands bunched up in fists at his side in a black suit and shiny black shoes.

It's been four years since seeing him. I can't help but inspect his face from a distance, my vision far more poorer than I had realized. He's aged handsomely, as I had predicted. I take a step towards him just as he does when our bodies are close enough. I open my arms as he does the same. We hug each other for a long time, I inhale his scent, hoping that I don't forget how lovely he smells. Resting my head on his chest, I run my hands down his back wishing for this moment to never end.