emery

It's your wedding day. It's your fucking wedding day.

As you get all dolled up, and your mom and sisters surround you and your little nieces and nephews watch their favourite aunty get her makeup and hair done. As the morning air fills with high hopes and anticipation, you can't hell but breathe in and our deeply. A smile on your plasterer on your face, but in your mind is pure chaos.

Meet me behind the chapel. I need to see you one last time.

The note was slid to you under your door before you even woke you and you thought about him.

Your beloved, who you couldn't wait to tell your vows to. The man you were going to willingly, happy, pour your soul into and expect nothing but the same back. The man you were going to spend the rest of your life with. The man you could claim, and cry on, and laugh with.

But alas, the note was not from him. Because you know his sweet writing is not scribbley and broken like his, and you know deep down that he would never risk seeing you before you marry, he believes deeply in those silly superposition.

No, you know who wrote that letter and it wasn't him. Rather that, it was another man you loved. Thomas Shelby.

You feel your stomach twist at the thought of the crazy love you and Thomas once had. One that was humorous but soft, heartbreakingly good and furociously dangerous.

You two were madly in love. Yelling to only end up shutting each other up with feverish kisses, fighting only to end up fucking.

And in the morning, making sweet love to get rid of the worry. And all the demons that sit in his head.

That crazy love, that love you two created disappeared when you met your fiancé. A man who became your light, who rather than holding your hand as he ruled the world, pulled you up with him.

That's why you two ended things, he was too protective over you. Too restraining. Too jealous.

He let his career and his enemies get in the way of everything.

You told Thomas you were getting married and he had a fit. Throwing things and scaring you, he grabbed your arms and pressed his lips to yours.

Don't do this. He told you, shutting his eyes. Please. Don't marry him. Not yet.

Then when? You whimper under him. I love him Tommy, please. I love him.

Give me more time, I promise I'll be ten times the man he's been to you. I'll change. I've got nothin' else, only you. Y/n.

A chill runs down your spine as he whispered your name softly. Bringing a light buzz to your lips.

Thomas, you shake your head away from his lips. Away from his spell.

I've only got you.

You're put in your dress and hugged by your mother who can't seem to control herself.

"You look so," She hiccups, wiping at her nose. "Beautiful, my darling girl." She leaves a sweet kiss to your cheek before pulling away.

The world goes still as you're embraced by your family. A photo is taken and the girls run along to change for themselves.

Alone and tempted, you turn to your door and wait to count to ten. To allow yourself enough time to breathe, and really think about this before a knock sounds at the door causing you to jump.

You race to the door and open it to see him staring down at you.

"Thomas," you begin, but he stops you and walks into your room. He shuts the door behind him before walking up to you.

"Wait," he says, his eyes widening at your attire. "Fucking hell, y/n. You're the most beautiful," He whispers before grabbing your face. "I want to give you everything. Please, please don't marry him."

"Thomas," you try again, putting your hands over his. You inhale, smelling his familiar scent. "It's too late."

"I know I come off cold, and I-I don't say this enough but." He studies his eyes around yours. Sinking you in. "I love you."

Frozen, and staring into those eyes you allow his words to resonate with you.

"You love me?"

He nods, searching your eyes. "I love you so much, I can't watch you marry someone else," he begs. "When I see you, I see my future, y/n. I see happiness and laughter and my sanity."

You soften at his words. Unable to look away.

"I'll make you happy, y/n too. I'll come home to yous, and give you lots of babies," he struggles to smile. "And I'll be there for when you pop 'em out."

This makes you giggle.

"And I'll be good to them. Because I know that's what you want. We'll go away on honeymoon or whatever it's called and I promise I'll take you anywhere you like,"

A grin forms. "Like California?"

He nods, whispering back. "Like California."

"Tommy," you bite down on your bottom lip. "What if it's too late?"

"It's not." He clings onto his words. Trembling with each word. "It's not too late, don't say that."

He moves his fingers into your hair. And you lean into his touch, that touch you've fallen for.

"I need ya, and I know, I know, y/n, that you need me too.'

You shut your eyes hearing him speak softly before there is a knock on your door. But as you open your eyes does he cover your lips with his. Surprised, you pull away before melting into those lips and the way he does things.

And like that, you melt and you swoon. And you know that he is the one for you.