devils backbone (request)

Anonbaby// Hiiiii can you please do a Tommy x reader one shot based on the song Devils Backbone by The Civil Wars, take it whatever way you want😁, love your writing!

••••••••••

"Do you reckon, if this were a dream, you'd wake yourself up?" I ask, tracing my fingers over the small scars that are scattered around his back. I rest my lips over his shoulder blade, as my other hand rests around his waist, my fingers glide over his pubic hair. Tommy smells of fresh soap, and mint from the tea I had prepared him.

He smiles, looking at himself in the mirror, as I get lost, kissing his body. Urning for him the way I do so often. My love.
I swallow once he turns around, resting his finger on my chin he tilts my head up to meet his crisp blue eyes. "I wouldn't wake myself up." He reveals suddenly.

Getting lost in his gaze, I break into a smile and hook my arm around his neck. "Why?"

"Because I've got everything I've ever wanted. Right here. Right now."

3 WEEKS AGO

Being rudely awoken is one thing, but to be rudely awoken while being sick is another.

The sound of bangs on my door startled me awake, but I somehow managed to stay in bed and moan about it. My head pounded and my breaths were short, my nose was clogged and I had an awful cough. There is nothing more I hate then being sick. I lift my head from my pillow and sneeze instantly.

The bangs still continue even as I push myself to sit up. "I'm coming!" I croak, pushing my cold feet into my pink slippers and grab my robe.

I'm still sore from that one sneeze from last night where I nearly broke my neck. Jesus I'm a mess.

A brief look in the mirror and I shrivel inside, my brown hair is a mess. My eyes are red and I'm all puffy, not to mention my throat is scratchy and raw. I swallow my insecurities and head through my tiny home towards the frontq door.

Once I reach the door, Leon, my orange cat and only true friend welcomes me by walking in between my legs. He cuddles up to me, rubbing the side of his face against my prickly haired leg.

"Good morning, Leon." My voice is squeaky even through the cold. Leon is my furchild. I pick him up and cuddle him, even though I'm sure I shouldn't. He also licks my fingers before recoiling, I laugh at his reaction. Poor thing probably thinks I'm filthy.

I pull back the curtain of the window and see the police uniform and mentally slap myself. Great.

I crack open the door and smile at Josh, "Hey, Josh."

His blue eyes sparkle. "Jo, hey. Good morning." He has his hands on his heavy belt of weapons. "You sick?"

I've known Joshua since we were little kids, he lived just down the block from us. My mum always loved the idea of Joanne, her daughter, dating Joshua, her neighbours son. I think the whole schooled loved us together.

Josh has black hair and intense blue eyes. He's always been a stunning person to look at but I've always found a fascination in his body. Hes tall and has broad shoulders. He's muscular and big, and he gives great hugs.

He's a policeman, perfect for his personality. He's always been bossy and superficial. His nose was always high up in the air. I think that's why things could never work between us, I was too laid back and he was just, not.

Alas, it's always wonderful seeing my first boyfriend. Especially when I'm sick. 

"Yeah." I lean into my door, sighing casually. "I am unfortunately sick."