Then There's You (request)

Anon baby: please please write a tommy imagine where the reader is a ballet dancer!! (you're my favourite peaky blog and i feel like you capture the characters perfectly x)

an: i love the anon who sent me this. seriously. i love you. also - i get the chance to give a huge shout out and major homage to ballet ROYALTY and queen Ulyana Lopatkina. icon. queen. i love her.

"Don't come..." Your voice is a low pur. The softest it has ever been. His eyes, those eyes, blue and beautiful. Filled with so much light, and yet so much darkness. The thought makes you want to protect him more than you already have. Tommy.

He stares at you, the way the moon beams in the dark sky. He's your only source of light, and you, his. It's an intimate moment, private. One your mind settles on, and your lips curl up to as your legs are entangled in bed. "Okay?" You continue.

He studies your features. Your eyes, nose, cheeks, lips, the way your face shines as the sun kisses your features ever so softly. It's the morning, and you two have been entangled for a long time. Alone. Happy.

He feels your skin under the sheets, feels your hair against his fingers, feels your lips as they lean in for a soft kiss. Tommy's mind is elsewhere before he registers your words and pulls away.

"Oh, I'm coming," He replies knowingly.

"Nooooo." You whine, defeatedly falling back against the bed in a sigh. So, sexually bargaining with him didn't work. Damn it.

Tommy fell overtop of you and pressed his lips to your forehead. "Good try, love." He whispers in a sweet display of affection.

"I will mess up my performance if you're there." You tell him for the millionth time. For heaven sakes! You know how you get when Tommy is in the auditorium, you will literally break a leg, or ankle.

Just last week he was at your rehearsal, leaning there against the wall with his arms crossed over his chest. Gawking at you. He had this smug look on his face, he was proud, it was evident but wow, you couldn't even move!

The instructor nearly gave you the boot to get off the stage. Not to mention a few months ago when you were the lead in a popular ballet that hit London by storm. You could feel Tommy's eyes on yours, somehow, past the stage lights and orchestra, his presence made you tremble.

You move your hand over his chest, feeling at home as he wraps his arms around you. You blush under his touch, turning your head into the pillow as he slowly leaves soft but meaningful kisses against your skin. You get carried away as he kisses you, so carried away as he tells you about how badly he wants to attend your first show. As a matter of fact, you get so lost in those kisses, and his touches that you completely forget about the protest to begin with...

"I think I should be there. After all, all of the other ballerinas will have their lads there. No?" He asks, putting on his tie as you fill your duffle bag with things you'll need for tonight's show.

You are sat on the floor before the mirror and look up to see him standing behind you, he's got on those adorable glasses, his cigarette stuck out past his lips as he does his tie up all nice and fancy.

"Sure, there will be some." You pipe up before zipping up the bag. "But I get nervous with you there, Tommy. It's annoying and polarizing and I hate it but-" You end the statement with a shrug.

"Then pretend I'm not there." He suggests , focusing on the tie. Ash falls from his cigarette onto your newly polished hardwood floors. "I cancelled my plans for this-"

"No, don't do that." You get up in a swift move and walk up to Tommy. Resting my hands on his chest, you tighten his tie before taking the cigarette out of his mouth. You suck on the stick, Tommy watches me with a raised eyebrow. "Don't put the blame on me, Thomas."

He blinks, growing silent and more confused. "You drive me mad, you know that?"

"I can't understand why, darling." You walk around him and head across the hallway and into your closet. You fetch the dress you'll wear to the venue, seeing as all of your formal attire for the show is fastened away.

He trails behind you, "There is something called a normal relationship, love!"

"Go on." I sift through my closet and begin to undo my robe. The silk falls to the floor, leaving me naked. Tommy watches from the doorframe.

"I thought we had that."

Scoffing, you put on my undergarments. Sliding a pair of soft nude stockings on. "A normal relationship?"

"Don't make it sound like that's not us!" Uz. He's got a smirk on his face, one that tells me that he's being sarcastic. Or is he?

"Thomas Shelby!" You laugh, shaking your head. "When was the last time we went on a date." Is that even in his vocabulary? Jesus. Moving onto covering your breasts, you slip on a dress that is more of a shift. Your winter coat sits downstairs in the closet, allowing you to be ready to go down whenever.

A nervous chill rolls throughout your being. Anxious of what tonight's performance will bring.

He rolls his eyes at you, this is golden! "We prefer to stay home." Tommy notes, but it's questionable. "We do normal things, apart for the occasional gun you find in the house-"

"I've find at least three guns a wee-"

"Shhhhh." He puts his hands out defensively, like come on! It's admirable. His determination. "You know what I mean though?"

"Yes I do, and you have a fair point." You raise your finger, "But-"

He steps into your closet, walking towards you. "When I come home after a long day, and you're there to make me happy-"

"I make you happy?" You sarcastically reply.

He grabs your face, squishing your cheeks together. His fingers reach into your hair. "You make me happy it hurts." He grits his teeth before smiling helplessly at you. "It's like you cheer me on, even if I've had the shittiest day, love."

Your heart thumps out of your chest. You can hear your heartbeat in your ear for goodness sake. He was your everything, your absolutely favourite.

"I want to be there for you like you always are for me."

Oh. Just like that, you get caught up in his eyes and lips. Wrapping your arms around his clothed body as you rest your head on his chest knowing you're in nothing but a thin dress.

"Let me see you preform," His lips trace over your knuckles. You watch him as he caresses your hand in his, slowly dropping his gaze to leave a soft kiss to the back of your hand. You hold your breath. "While we're both young, and I can afford flowers to shower you in after you-"

"Okay!" You reply in a laugh, Tommy pulls back and instantly breaks into a goofy smile.

"Really?!" He doesn't allow you to reply before you are embraced. It's a warm embrace, one that really is telling, he wanted you to say yes. To stop denying him. Because at the end of the day, you're his favourite person too.

It was a magical, he sat there like a kid watching his favourite movie. Watching you with all of his attention as you danced on the stage with so much elegance and pride. You looked beautiful, breathtaking even. Tommy swore he's never seen such a stunning person in his life. And as you finished getting ready to leave, Tommy did show up, knocking on your dressing room door. He had a bouquet of flowers in his hands, he was grinning from ear to ear. His eyes glistening, he was thankful beyond words can describe that you've given him the gift of a lifetime. Someone to love, someone to admire and adore.

And no, you didn't mess up.