Stay With Me

**** I watched Southpaw and put a little twist on it ***

You could hear him in the background playing with your daughter. The voice of your husband and child going back and forth made you stop putting your makeup on and walk over to the bedroom that connected to the large closet. Audrey was in her pyjamas nearly ready for bed when she walked in on you two getting ready for the big night.

Of course by big night, it meant that you two were going to one of Thomas's fundraisers in effort to win a couple thousand pounds from the wealthy. Tommy's reputation was positive throughout most of England, especially with his orphanages. But he, like most, had his enemies.

You smile big, looking at Audrey giggle helplessly in her daddy's arms. Thomas tickles her and she's squirming and squealing. Though the sight was lovely to see it was more crushing because you two were going to be gone all night.

Audrey's nan, you're mum, said she'd take care of the baby which meant you weren't going to be around for the nightly routine of singing a lullaby to Audrey as she dozed off.

You enter the room just as Audrey calls for you, begging you to save her from her fathers wrath.

"I'm coming!" You shout, grabbing her arms and pulling her from Tommy's arms. She latches onto you in a way that makes your heart melt. "I got you, Audrey. Mamas got you." You whisper into her hair.

She cuddles into your neck, the way your little girl does. "Mummy, do you have to go?" She begs, grabbing your face with her tiny hands.

"Yes, my dear," You whisper, kissing her hair so many times you lose count. "But daddy and I will be back before you know, okay?"

She nods as you carry her to her bedroom. You lay Audrey down in her crib before kissing the top of her head. Your mum comes into the room with a warm bottle of milk for little Audrey Shelby.

"Thanks mum." You whisper, kissing her cheek.

"No problem, y/n." She smiles and rubs your back. "Go have fun with Tommy, I don't get to spend enough time with my grandchild, anyways."

"Alright, we should be home by-"

"I know." She smiles.

"And don't forget that Audrey might need to-"

"Sleep with her special blanket, I know." She chuckles. "You don't have to tell me twice." Mum winks at you and pulls away. "Now go, before she has a fit."

You turn your head and see Audrey standing up, poking her little head up at you and your mum. You race over and kiss your baby on the forehead before running away. You shut the door to her room and feel an instant ache of guilt. You decided to have a child two and a half years ago, and it was safe to say that having her was easy but being a mother was the most selfless thing you've ever done. Audrey and Tommy were your world, and even though you absolutely adored Tommy, you loved your baby girl Audrey so much. She was a gift from God specially made for you and Tom.

Making your way back to your room, you find Thomas at the foot of the bed reading the words off of his paper in a low whisper. You smile, wrapping your arms around yourself as you slowly make your way into the room. He's got on his glasses, and he's nearly all the way ready. Whereas you've still got to do your hair and push your feet into heels.

"...The children need us and with your generous help, we-we can change the world—Fuck, that sounds awful." He shakes his head and rubs his hand against his forehead. "The children need us and with your help we can change the world." Thomas raises his head just as you rest your hands on his shoulders. "Why do I sound so bad?" He asks, meeting your eyes.