Chapter 1

The street beyond Beverly Bar LA was awfully crowded for a Monday, and rumor was Zayn Malik is to blame for the outburst of fans outside our window.

Despite wishing they were nothing but rumours, I didn't quite so doubt it considering Beverly Bar is one of the most prestigious bars in Los Angeles.

I observed the door closely, with such close attention that I feared bystanders would think im deranged.

The night progressed in a rather unusual manner. After only a few hours, I noticed I had adapted a new routine: watch the door, pour a drink, collect money from the customer, take shots, watch the door and repeat.

The night shift was seldom this uneventful. Usually, every time I started my shift, I'd be scooped up by a drunk and lonely eye candy by 3am. Tonight however, my distraction took away my opportunities.

I was lost in thought when a voice startled me out of my daydreams,

"Ma'am?" I heard an accented voice call out. The voice was familiar, nostalgic maybe even.

It seemed like one saved in a distant memory, one unreachable at my tipsy and distracted state.

"Ma'am?" He voiced out with more urgency this time, reminding me that I had yet to ask him for his order. Not even taking a second glance, I murmured routinely,

"What may I get for you?" Although my voice was directed at the familiar customer, I still set my gaze at the door.

"May I have a glass of whiskey, please?" He murmured "or maybe the pleasure of getting to know you?" He raised his hand out for me to shake, an action which I would've missed if it weren't for him clearing his throat as a wake up call.

His voice was raspy. One which would send shivers down the devil's bones.

The way he said Ma'am and his aura as a whole evoked a sense of danger, a sense of mystery.

I couldn't see the man's face through all the fog, let alone judge his features; which I blamed on the amount of shots I had.

Truthfully, I wasn't out of it only because of the rumours.

Tonight was just one of those nights you spent helplessly trying to forget.

I had just walked out of yet another argument with my sister and I needed a distraction.

"Alrighty then" the anonymous voice chuckled deeply, I must've forgotten to shake his hand and deep down, I frankly didn't care.

I walked out back, disregarding him completely, leaving to get his whiskey.

How was it I hadn't noticed this man walk in? I had seen no one walk in since the two men in suits, which was intriguing because despite my thoughts being all over the place, my gaze was most certainly set on the door before me.

I handed Mr.mystery his whiskey, deciding to take a careful look at his features to see where I know him from. No luck.

It felt as though I had a name at the tip of my tongue but no ability to formulate the words to say it aloud. Perhaps this phenomenon was called being tipsy or drunk in my case.

I was sure I knew this man, he was all too familiar for me not to, yet everything was a blur and I just couldn't see straight.

"You're one interesting lady, Aurelia." He said whilst reading my name tag.

I raised a curious eyebrow, maybe a little fun would get my mind off everything.

"How so, Mr. Mystery?" I said, giggling slightly at how suddenly cheered up I felt just by flirting with a stranger.

This was exactly what I needed tonight.

"dance with me.." He whispered as he took the whiskey I arranged for him out of my hand and drank it in one gulp as if it was simply water.

His whispering made me feel alive again. Shivers and sparks filled my body as I heard him whisper once again "pay attention when I speak."

He was determined, and it was clear to him that I was zoning out consistently.

I didn't dare question his intentions, knowing I'll soon find out.

After a few minutes of dancing, he directed me towards the co-ed toilet, which frightened me slightly.

Despite my tough act and flirty nature, I was a virgin. One by choice, and one with experience.

I didn't let that stop me, however, because right then I decided I'd follow him to the toilet to see his features better under the light and maybe then I could decide wisely on how the rest of my night will play out.

I was drunk off my ass, and like any drunk person would, I made a lot of regrettable choices after.

We walked in the toilet and I watched him closely as he locked the bathroom door.

I hopped on the sink as he got closer, and as I inspected his features, I may have let it slip.

"Oof Mr.Sexy. Not bad" everything was still a blur, but at least no fog was clouding my sight, and I could see clearly the many tattoos covering both his arms, and I could clearly make out his perfectly shaped long hair,

only then did I realise he was dressed perfectly, like he was on a business trip, or perhaps on his way to meet the president. His clothes looked awfully expensive for a bar.

Rich and hot, I thought to myself.

But it was only after he took off his sunglasses and removed a piece of fake skin covering his stubble and nose that I realised,

Mystery man was Zayn Malik.

I was so drunk that I didn't find it the least bit intriguing that the so called mystery-man was wearing shades at 1am. indoors.

Honestly, knowing I hated his guts just made me more willing; it's like they say, hate looks an awful lot like love when you're drunk.

Wait, that's not how the saying goes.

The truth is, Mr.Sexy was absolutely handsome, sexy (quite obviously), and I'd take this chance with any other guy which looked remotely like him, so I did what any sane teenager would do. I smashed my lips against his.

He fought for dominance as if he was in a total rush and with that, he slid his hands under my skirt and started tugging at my silk underwear.

I could feel his tattooed arms brush against my skin, caressing my thighs sending a certain electricity through my body.

His quick movements were harsh, as if he had somewhere to be. As if he had something to prove.

~

A/N
I KNOW THIS CHAPTER SEEMED DARK BUT THE BOOK GETS ALOT MORE PERKY FOR A WHILE IDK STICK AROUND