Chapter 49- extras, Hail

Hail's POVflash forward (19 years)

Another day of school went by perfectly. It was amazing, mostly because people worshipped the ground I walked on.

Everyone was dead on jealous of me, and I loved every bit of it.

My mother says I get it from aunt Aurora, but I've never met her and never heard anything good of her, so I'm not quite sure if that's a compliment.

Every girl in school was jealous that my older brother, Eli was the hottest guy in school, and that my father was as they say, the 'hottest guy in the world'.

Some of the girls even had posters of my dad plastered over their walls, it was pathetic, really. He was a 39 year old man for God's sake!

Uncle Louis too was loved by all the kids in school. He came by often, visiting us every once in a while, and let me tell you a little secret, he always says I'm his favourite 15 year old.

I'm pretty sure he tells my brother that Eli's his favourite 17 year old, but nonetheless, I appreciate the label out of the millions of 15 year olds who drool over him.

Elijah wasn't really that hot, I have no idea what all those girls see in him, and it was annoying how all my friends would keep talking about him. He's not all that.

I was happy with my place regardless. Everyone called me Hail, as in, all 'hail' the queen. Or bring on the 'hail'.

I might be a tad bit cold towards the freshmen and losers at times, which is why everyone calls me Hail.

I love it though! It's much better than Hailey.

My group of friends were considered the popular kids in school, only because I hung out with them of course, and out of all of them, Jane was the coolest.

Jane was gorgeous, sweet, and my best friend, which made her all the more irresistible for all the boys.

They knew they could never have me, so they obviously went for Jane. I didn't mind it, specially since Jane always rejected them, saying she had someone else in mind.

As far as I know, there isn't really someone else.

She always tells me she's not into anyone, which is a little weird.

Even I, the storm queen, was into someone.

Jake Rully. The guy I lost my virginity to. Of course my dad wanted to smash him into pieces when he found out, but my mom stopped him.

My dad always hissed at Jake whenever he came by, but he really was the best boyfriend ever, and my dad was just jealous I was showing another male attention.

Honestly, I feel like my mom was a little disappointed when she found out too; she always said I'm too young, but I mean, I'm sure she wasn't exactly old when she lost it either.

Jake was 17 though, so he had experience and was just amazing always. I knew him and my brother used to be friends, but they had a falling out months back.

Eli was furious when he found out at first, but he's learnt to deal with it.

And very low-key, I found it adorable how he punched Jake out when he found out that He took my virginity. I mean, I made him apologise later on, but it was still cute.

I reached home with my group of friends, they came over a lot, but it was fine because these were the only people I could ever tolerate.

We had no idea where Jane was, we hadn't seen her since lunch and she wasn't picking up my calls which was really fishy, we all obviously came to the conclusion that she was with a boy,

But it was when my world came crashing down that my suspicions were confirmed.

I opened the door to Elijah's room to let him know I'll give him back his football, or as they call it 'jock jacket', tomorrow, and my worst fears became a reality.

I saw Jane, in only her bra and underwear, on top of my shirtless brother.

They were so busy making out and touching shit that they didn't even notice me open the door.

"You didn't!" I gasped at Jane, she immediately looked behind almost apologetically, and Eli flinched from under her.

I rolled my eyes and slapped the door closed and saw my friends not far behind, witnessing the whole show.

"Oh my god" they all gasped much like I did.

"She is so lucky" I heard Rosie say, earning a growl
from me.

My mom and dad walked out from their room a bit later, while I was still staring at the closed door, shocked.

My friends immediately straightened out their clothes and fixed their hair at the sight of dad.

I mumbled "Eli's doing it with Jane" to my parents before walking away helplessly, the little minions following me shortly after.

I was so done with their crap, and I swear, I could hear my parents laugh as we left.

They were so childish, gosh.