Chapter 22

I woke up confused.

I was laying horizontally on the bed and my neck was on fire, what's going on?

I don't remember getting drunk so?

And then I looked up to see the one and only Harry Styles and the memories came rushing back earning a groan from me and a wake up call for Harry.

"Morning sunshine, you dozed off last night. I'm sorry I couldn't bring myself to move away and wake you, and honestly I was really tired" he blurted quickly,

I giggled. Really giggled like a school kid.

"It's your house Harry it's okay. Thank you for last night"

He nodded and gave me a smile before walking out of the room, leaving me to get properly dressed and meet him for breakfast.

It was weird, because this was all I ever wanted. Yet I felt not joy, not excitement, but confusion.

My brain was weeping and crying from the pressure I've been putting on it for the last few days while my heart shone bright and fresher than ever.

I guess a lot of people in my place would say it's hot that Zayn's a low-key criminal mastermind and living some pop-star slash gangst..ar... double Life, but me?

No, no, no. Not only was it not hot, but it was suffocating, vile, torturous. Should I go on?

I was a nobody fan only months ago, how the hell am I the target of affection of people I previously only got to admire from afar.

This whole double life just wasn't sticking with me. When I said I love Harry, I sure as hell didn't think he was some crime lord, but nonetheless, he is after all the Harry styles regardless.

I walked down the stairs of the million dollar mansion and greeted Rose. It felt good to see that the people we are risking so much to save are as much Rose's family as they are Louis's, because Louis most certainly doesn't deserve anything coming from me.

Except the part where he saved my life, of course, but still!

Harry looked gorgeous walking down the stairs. Drool worthy might I add.

He was sporting some grey sweatpants and a tank top showing off his many tattoos and muscular arms and torso.

It's like he's trying to torture me oh dear lord.

He gave me a little smile before walking towards Rose, asking her how she is.

We were all really concerned about her, as a single parent, all she had were here children, all of which were kidnapped.

We ate in silence, and not some awkward tension filled silence, but more of a 'we all need to think' type of thing.

Sadly, my big mouth couldn't resist breaking the one enjoyable thing at the table,

"So that's it huh? We're gonna play hero and barge in and hopefully not get ourselves killed?" I grinned at Harry.

"That's the plan. Except when you say we, I really hope you mean me. With a capital M."

"Excuse me?" Harry's comment caught me off guard. I never expected to be uninvited from the long awaited mission, and I just wasn't sure how to feel about it, "we're all in this together, remember?"

He huffed in response, gathering his words before speaking "up till it gets down and dirty. I didn't see you managing to get yourself out of Zayn's crap last time, what on earth convinces you that you can do so if all of this goes down to dust"

I'm not gonna lie, his argument was quite logical.

I huffed back just like he did a few seconds earlier. He's right. I don't like it when other people are right.

"Come on styles, what if I drive the getaway car!" I urge

"No. No. And No. just stay in the goddamn house, and feel free to call for backup and save our ass If anything goes wrong." My silence signalled my defeat, in response to which Harry let out the breath he was holding.

"Well that doesn't get to stop me from helping out while I can. Go through the mission with me again, step by step"

He explained to me all over again how first we're going in for the siblings and we're gonna have a whole other battle to get Louis back.

And he certainly didn't fail to mention... over and over again... that this is practically mission impossible.

Like I said a few weeks ago,

Mission impossible could never.