Chapter 37

After finally finding my way out of that hell hole, I got Louis to Harry's house safely where he had his little family reunion.

I was happy and all for him, but he just wasn't my main goal. Where the hell was Harry.

I decided to call his cellphone, knowing it's hopeless and dumb but choosing to do so regardless.

And to my utmost surprise, it was picked up. Whoever picked it up though, didn't talk at all and only silence could be heard.

"Harry?" I voiced out.

"I thought you'd call." Damn it.

"Come on Zayn! What the hell did you do to Harry? I thought you guys were friends" I screamed at the phone, suddenly feeling a lot more confident knowing he can't harm me through the phone.

"Shut up and listen. God you talk a lot." Zayn groaned. Ouch. "I like this little game, so I'm gonna be giving you clues, and you're gonna be doing as they say if you ever wanna see your little Harry again."

"Like... a treasure hunt?" I gasped.

"Yes. Enjoy!" I could practically hear him smirk through the phone as he hung up. Leaving me confused and helpless once again.

I checked the time on my iPhone, it was 5am.

•••

I woke up at 2pm, seeing as I barely got any sleep last night since I stayed awake worrying up until I couldn't keep my eyes open anymore.

I walked down hoping to have gotten the first clue so I could just get this over with, and of course, no such luck.

A few hours went by until I finally heard a knock at the door. You know, there's something called a doorbell. Specially when you're knocking on a three story mansion in which people could be scattered on different floors.

I opened the door and instinctively looked down, and as suspected, a note was on the floor. I let out a deep breath and read the note,

'Where we first met'

well this was an easy one. The L'avise Bar I used to work at.

I walked into the bar after a long drive and looked around. I saw KC sitting on one of the stools which was a big surprise to me, I hadn't seen KC in 6 months, and I missed her an unimaginable load.

I obviously kept in touch with her so she knew what was going on and why I was so busy, but she rarely came here, and I was just so glad she came.

I ran and hugged her from the back and it only took her a moment to realise who I was. "Butera!!! Oh my god!" She screamed, hugged me back.

"It's been ages! I've missed you so much" I squeezed her tightly "Why are you here?"

"Actually, I'm here for you... some dude came to my door and told me to give you a note, and somehow my weird ass obliged." She shrugged as I shuddered. He knew everything. He knew KC, he knew where Janel lived, he knew where Harry lived, He knew where Mikey stayed. I was dead meat.

"Thanks" I smiled, hiding how much this pained me.

'Mirror mirror on the wall, where were you next stroke upon'

I had a good guess of where he was talking about, and it worried me to even consider going back there and finding out the truth.

"KC please call me, please let's meet again but I really have got to go now. I'm sorry" I walked, no ran, out in a hurry going towards the next destination.

I knocked on the door patiently, worry and sadness taking over me.

"About time." The women I thought dead said after opening the door.

Janel had bruises all over her face to my horror. We were attacked over a month ago, these have got to be new.

"I'm so sorry." I couldn't hold out on saying, "Janel I thought you were dead. I swear it. After they let me go, I just couldn't bring myself to find out."

"Yea whatever. They untied me after you were taken and apparently I was free from your shit until last night when I fought back another break in only to have a busted nose and a note for guess who? You again!" She smiled sarcastically, each word she said contained a truck load of venom and I frankly didn't know how to respond.

"I-I'm sorry." I sighed, looking down at her hand as she passed me the note and slammed the door in my face, clearly wanting nothing more to do with me.

She was one of the only people I cared for, and this really took a toll on me. I had to be strong, though. I had to get through this all.

'Well, well, well, she baldly said what's best, where does the brunette beauty rest?"

Baldly. Brunette. Beauty.

Damn it. I had a precise guess of who he meant.

I walked towards the place I once called home and knocked loudly. It was either Aurora was living with dad, or alone. If I'm lucky, she's with dad here and I can get it over with.

"We've been expecting you." Aurora smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "just give me the damn Note"

"Not a chance! When Zayn Malik comes to your house and asks you to have dinner with your dumbass sister before giving her a note, you listen!"

god damn it Zayn.

I almost walked away. Almost.

"Whatever dude." I said before walking in after her to see my dad.

We both silently nodded at one another before sitting down at the table, where food was already served.

"You ruined my life you know," Aurora finally broke the silence before eating a piece of chicken, "but I got a picture with Zayn so I guess all is forgiven."

"Aurora!" My father said sternly, finally speaking up. He hadn't even spared a glance my way yet.

"Mom gave up everything for you. I hope you're proud, really." She continued, earning a growl from my father.

"Yea well." I responded dryly, neglectful to continue and deciding to leave it at just that.

I quickly finished the meal, and demanded for the note again, to which Aurora rolled her eyes.

"Here grumpy. Jeez" she said before handing me the note.

"Thanks! Goodbye Aurora. Goodbye Dad." I said quickly as I rolled my eyes and walked out.

'Look at you, making friends, now just follow this address'

I flipped the paper around to see an address written behind it and duly followed it, rushing out to go get Harry.