Chapter 39

The woods were cold and unwelcoming, specially considering I only had my own arms to shield myself from the breeze.

I was about 900 meters in and I was hoping I'll see the shed sooner or later, or my legs would've given out on me.

The love I had for Harry had no bounds, it was painful to love someone who constantly put themselves in danger but I did. It was real. He was real.

Just as I was about to give up, I spotted a little house not far from here. I ran as fast as I could, knowing my dehydration won't get me anywhere if I don't act quick.

I opened the door to the shed to see Harry laying lifelessly on the ground. He resembled the look Louis held when I first got to him and I could feel my face paling. What was I thinking coming here without any water or medication.

I grabbed Harry's hand tightly, "Harry? Please say you hear me. Harry?"

I felt a little squeeze on my hand and let out the breath I was holding. Thank god.

I looked around the shed to find something to help him feel better and had no luck.

I walked out for a while trying to find some water and finally succeeded. I smiled to myself, I was getting the hang of it.

I ran back with some water and gave him as much as I could carry. His colour finally began to set back and he managed to move and sit up.

"Thanks Butera." He merely whispered

The love of my life literally resembled a vampire.

You know when Damon hadn't been fed blood for a long time and he paled out? Yup that was Harry.

I struggled in finding him something to eat, but I luckily remembered I brought a biscuit with me for emergencies. Yes I didn't bring water and I brought a biscuit. That's how unprepared I was.

I also happened to have bullets in my gun if he wanted to eat that.

I gave him the biscuits and watched in awe as he munched on it.

Having all his energy back, he stood up and hugged me tightly. There was no stopping the tears now.

Yes maybe the past few days I've been a little too sensitive but this, this was no overreaction.

I really thought I lost him.

"I love you" I whispered in his ears through the tears.

"I love you too." He said lowly, hugging me even tighter.

I chose to not believe in what he was saying, I'm sure I'd say I love you to my saviour too after almost starving to death.

After minutes, we let go and I walked towards the mini closet set in the house as he leaned on the wall.

"How's the little reunion going kids!" Laughed an anonymous voice I knew all too well.

I turned to the door to see none other than Zayn Malik.

"Why do you have to ruin everything Malik." He just always has to be the one to rain on my parade.

"Oh no I'm just getting started gorgeous. Actually, the whole point of this little scavenger hunt was for you to see this moment!" He laughed comically.

All colour drained out of my face when he pulled out a gun and pointed it towards Harry.

"Put the gun down man, you don't wanna do this" said Harry, trying to keep his chill, "if you kill me, the whole world will know. No going back then."

"Really Styles? That's what you got to say? No 'I'm sorry for killing your mother?' Well then if that's how you wanna play." He clicked on the safety, preparing to shoot.

I was honestly too scared to even react to the newly found information. I thought Harry said he hadonly killed one person?

"You know that was an accident man" Harry replied, shame passing through his eyes.

"Well to be honest, if anyone killed my mother I'd thank them!" I joked out of habit at such a dramatic moment.

Zayn and Harry literally stopped, looked at me and laughed. Welp.

When Zayn went back to bickering with Harry, I realised that's my chance to pull out the gun.

Zayn was damn serious about shooting, and if so, I was too.

I discreetly took out the gun from my socks and right as I saw it get serious between them, pulled the trigger.

A loud bang went off, and then another bang went off.

I figured my gun accidentally went off twice but was proven wrong when I saw Harry on the ground bleeding.

Zayn too, was bleeding senseless and I just couldn't be a murderer.

I quickly called 911 and the local police, the fire department, and Louis of course because I couldn't do this alone.

For all I care, the paramedics can take care of Zayn.

I ran towards Harry, holding the gunshot wound tightly to avoid more bleeding.

"I do, I do love you" he mumbled before he doze off.

I cried and cried until the ambulance came, making sure to feel for a pulse every now and then.

The paramedics rushed in and quickly took care of the wound before taking in the two.