Chapter 27

The car ride back home was really quiet.

Needless to say, I was done partying for the night, or at least for many many nights.

How is it that saving a life of a dumbass who made it his life's mission to ruin me turned out to be such a joyful experience for me.

Never did I ever think for a second that this will be my life. That he will be in my life.

But nonetheless, the elephant in the room is so big that it can't be avoided, so I spoke up and broke the silence,

"Welp. That was fun." I said awkwardly, fidgeting with my fingers.

As soon as Harry's lips touched mine, I sobered up completely.

you know how that song goes?

for a minute I was stone cold sober.

and ever since, it was like all the alcohol was drained from me because  I was back to the awkward state of not knowing what to do or how to act.

"Yep. Fun. Very fun." Harry replied, clearly not knowing what to say or do either.

"Okay um knock knock" I suddenly said after a few seconds of silence.

"What are you doing, Aurelia" he chuckled.

"Breaking the silence! Come on now do it with me" I pouted for what felt like the hundredth time tonight.

"Who's there." He said hesitantly

"Moustache."

"Why am I doing this again?" He said whilst grinning. "Moustache Who" he continued

"I moustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later"

He looked at me for a second, his grin disappearing completely. Looking at me with all seriousness, and then bursting out into the most adorable laugh I've ever heard.

He laughed so hard he was blue in the face, me joining him immediately of course.

"I have never heard something so ridiculous in my whole life oh my god." He said in between laughs. "My turn! Knock knock"

"Who's there" I responded when I finally stopped laughing.

"Honeydew"

"Honeydew who" I responded

"Honeydew you know how fine you look right now?" His eyes sparkled while he joked, and I swear, for a second I heard the limo driver chuckling in the front.

I looked at him and smiled shyly, well that was adorable.

And also very unexpected. But that's not the point.

I looked up to see him already looking at me, grinning widely.

"Aw how cute, you resemble a tomato right now!" He joked, causing me to put one hand over my face and slap his chest with the other. Oh his hard, hard chest.

Why can't it always be like this with him? This beautiful and famous stranger is now not only my childhood crush, but my teenage hood and adulthood crush too.

He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me closer to him, it was now 3:20am and we had another 20 minutes or so until we reached his house, during which we practically cuddled.

He had his arms around me as I leaned my head against his shoulders the whole time, and my heart melted in twenty different ways.

"Thank you for breaking the silence, gorgeous." He whispered in my ears as I fell asleep in his arms yet again.

A couple minutes later, I felt slight shifting and shaking and a door closing, but I was just too tired to open my eyes and too tired to comprehend anything happening around me.

as I was laid on a bed, I heard a distant whisper, "maybe I like you too."

The words echoed in my head, after all, the words must've been said by my subconscious as I dreamt.

The dream I was having was relaxing, I smiled and fell into an even deeper sleep as everything went black.

If this was all a dream, I dont ever want to wake up.