Chapter 45 - extras, Mikey

Mikey's POV— flashback

   Chloe and I were talking and serving every once in a while, waiting for our shifts to come to an end. The day was awfully long, our 10 hour shift had done us no justice and we just couldn't  wait to go back home and cuddle.

I was very picky when it came to girls. After my 8th grade crush which met a dead end, I only liked 2 or 3 other girls, until Chloe came around.

I met Chloe at the bar and we hit it off immediately, she was gorgeous, sweet and anything you'd want in a girl, and although we hadn't been together for long, we had been enjoying every moment of our relationship.

While I was serving a customer, the door opened to show a gorgeous brunette walking in.

She looked familiar, I was almost sure I knew her, her dark eyes which sparkled when something interested her were unforgettable.

Aurelia.

I hadn't seen her since senior year, I was 17 and she was 15, and in all honestly, if I thought she looked good then, you should've seen her now at 17.

She looked impeccable.

I totally forgot about the customer in front of me until she called me out for spilling her beer on the table.

"Sorry, sorry" I said rudely before walking off, not even bothering to clear the mess. "Aurelia?"

"Do I know you?" She says, squinting her eyes slightly.

"Uh um I think yea, I'm Mikey, I used to be... in a pair with your sister. Oh and in your french class!"

"Oh I remember you! Hey!" She said with joy, her eyes sparkling the way they do.

"So what brings you here?" I say awkwardly, stuttering a little laugh.

"I'm working here now! Kinda need a little bit of cash ya know. Things at home aren't so good" She was giving me a lot more than I hoped for, but I mean that's just a bonus.

"I feel you. So anything you need to get started?"

"Nah I'm good." We talked about practically nonsense until I was reminded of my earlier failure when our manager came and asked why I left a customer.

Aurelia giggled slightly at my misfortune and that was enough to clear up all my sorrows. She was a goddess in disguise.

Days went by, we got closer each day and with every passing day she'd get a little flirtier. I wish I could say with just me but nope, with pretty much half the customers and me as the cherry on top.

I guess it was just a big part of her personality; she was a flirt.

Chloe slowly became nothing but a memory, yes we were still coworkers but we were no longer dating. I still did however manage to keep the reason of our break up a secret. I wouldn't want Chloe to hate Aurelia, she deserved better than that.

Months went by and Aurelia kept growing more and more charming, but by then I knew I had no chance. She didn't even know I love her and I decided to keep it that way.

Friendship overweights lust.

I stuck to the promise of friendship, even up until The day she left.