Chapter 13

Just as the shadowy figure disappeared, I got reminded of my surroundings once again, being a small distance away from an oblivious Harry

My thoughts drifted to when I was in a similar position with Zayn, except I wasn't hopelessly in love with Zayn the way I was Harry.

And I most certainly was in a terrible state of mind when I met Zayn.

Not that you aren't now, reminded my subconscious.

Then my mind went to Tomlinson, reminiscing the kiss we shared earlier today, but if the kiss was of no significance to him, two can play that game. And perhaps I could push him to the back of my mind once and for all.

Anyone else in my position would jump at the chance to be with either of them, even at the risk of being labelled as someone who sleeps around,

And I most certainly do not sleep around.

Therefor I shook my head and leaned back on the sofa, trying to prevent myself from making a stupid mistake once again.

I only then remembered why I was there in the first place, asking Harry if he needed anything to which he shook his head no.

I decided to take the advice he gave me earlier and go find a room to rest in since he already did mention he has another assistant for these things.

This is much like an off day— which I don't understand because louis could've given me one himself, but he risked the girl he kissed a while ago kissing his best friend and clearly had no intention of hiding his new kiss from me.

Too much kissing.
Too much talks about kissing.
Oh Tomlinson what have you done to me.

I didn't understand Louis and it infuriated me because there was no reason why he should kiss me then kiss another 12 hours after, unless his hormonal levels are simply off the roof,
Which I doubt considering he gets who and what he wants whenever he wants.

I still remember my first time with Zayn, the way he was so rough and Unremorseful, and if I'd known where it'd end, I wouldn't have done it, however, if someone told me that I wouldn't get to meet Harry if I didn't go through the shit with Zayn, I might just be thankful for the nightmare in disguise.

•••

I woke up with a sudden urge to call my parents. It's been a while and I don't know whether they're even worried about me.

Ever since I left, I've been haunted with flashbacks of my fathers hands on my face at only the age of 4 when my sister simply looked amused which maybe makes me the stupidest girl around for wanting to see how he's doing after everything.

I took out my phone and made a quick call, worrying about what their reaction would be.

"Sorry, the person you're trying to reach can't come to the phone right now, please leave a message after the beep"

Frustrated and somewhat disappointed, I went down to get some fresh air, and without warning Harry, I simply walked out.

The winter breeze was cold and unwelcoming but I kept my steps strictly towards the one place I'd always go in these cases, South beach park.

The walk was longer than I initially assumed but I absolutely believe it was worth it because as I stepped in to the park, a sudden wave of warmth and calmness took over my body.

"Butera?" I flinched at the call of my name, turning back to the familiar sound

"Janel?" I whisper shouted. Janel had been my dearest friend and most prized possession before all
This chaos. We quickly hugged and made small talk to catch each other up on each other's lives.

"Hey Aurel I know I wasn't there for you enough when shit went down but trust me when I say come over any time and stay at mine instead. My house is your house. Hate to cut this short but I really need to get going." She smiled "I'm serious about coming over, I'll be mad if u don't!"

I smiled and nodded, allowing her to go get to god knows where she's so busy rushing off to.

I cared deeply for her and in all fairness, louis wasn't doing everything he promised so perhaps a change of location was in order.