Chapter 4

It started with nasty texts, making me private my account, then the hateful messages and eventually the tagged posts. Which just crossed the line.

I logged off from the account and stuck to my main account, hoping that since the story will disappear in about an hour, it'll stop haunting me.

At this point, my hatred was real. Not just some petty 'he's mean to the man I love' hate, but rage.

It kind of sucked though, because I smashed one of the hottest faces in the music industry but couldn't tell any of my friends about it or else I'd have to face the embarrassment and tell them the long, long story.

A few of my closest friends had recognised me from the picture which I frankly did not know how to react to.

I wasn't expecting people to not recognise me, specially considering I'm probably the face of every headline right now.

I knew every girl wanted to be me and those who didn't get to be were hating on me.

All the shaderooms and drama accounts had my face plastered across them and inevitably, my older sister would see it too.

Most my friends immediately inquired if I needed money, considering I look like a prostitute, but others were just understanding, asking me if his story was consensual, which I guess, it kind of was? Or was this me gaslighting myself.... No, no, I'm kind of sure it was.

I was scrolling through Instagram, running into my face every once in a while on several mutual's private accounts, saying that either the girl in the picture is hot or ugly.

Everyone had something to say. Something different.

Frankly, this showed me that when people hate, it's mostly out of jealousy. I refuse to admit that though considering I used to be one to hate on others (or more specifically on Zayn.)

Never again, I told myself.

What really sent shivers down my bones however, was when I ran into a notification on which a fan had recognised me from the bar,

She had successfully found my main account's username.

That was it for me. Spams flooding in as every tea page updated their stories with screenshots of my account.

I threw my phone at the wall and stuffed my head in a pillow for a good minute, dreading what's to come.

I knew people hated me; I knew it was because of jealousy, and I knew I can do absolutely nothing about it.

"Aurelia Butera Heart! Right down this instant!" Screamed the voice I was dodging the whole day.

That was quick.

Lucky for me, my parents weren't home. Giving me room to negotiate.

"Aurora. Leave it. please." I wailed.

"Leave it? Really? You slept with Zayn because you're a secret prostitute and you want me to leave it?" She said, only half serious.

I knew she'd rat me out either way, knowing it would lead to me being kicked out and honestly, I just yearned to strangle her perfect brunette locks and rip them off strand by strand.

"Listen to yourself! You sound like a 5-year-old! I'm not a prostitute and you know it. And oh please get a grip it's not like you were ever gonna get him." I yelled, obviously infuriated.

"God, I've been waiting for this for so long!" She laughed like some evil maniac. "You knew you weren't allowed to be with anyone as a part of your deal and you broke it! You can finally get the fuck out of my house!" She laughed, with a devilish grin.