Chapter 21

Ever since we declared and decided on attacking, things had gone a lot more smoothly.

I was mostly at Harry's while he talked to our so-called 'army'.

Lucky for me, every once in a while, I got some Harry time.

Yesterday, he walked to my room as I was trying to sleep and we ended up talking all night.

We talked about the glories in life. How much we have to be thankful for.

And the burdens in life, things like violence, things like drugs.

I know it's a little extreme for us to be discussing death and beyond when we're so young, but if this experience really taught me anything, it's that we should expect the unexpected. The unexpected includes death, includes glories, includes success, and so much more we don't know enough about.

"It's weird you know? It's like... I've never done drugs and yet I owned a drug cartel . Zayn hasn't either. It's just, sometimes life takes you in to the wrong path and it's hard to get out of it." He mumbled "I wish it wasn't too late for me."

"Hey Harry come on. Everyone makes mistakes... Everyone always favoured my sister, ever since day one. She's only 2 years older than me but it's like she's my second mom, and not in a good way," I started, "and once, I made the mistake of fighting back. I was cruel to her, and I hurt her, which I'm guessing made her hate me even more." I dozed off

"Well what'd you do?" Harry asked

"I put hair remover in her shampoo...." we both burst out in laughter upon my confession, but I slowly got more serious, seeing that I now have to explain the full story

"That's a good one" he agreed

"Yea, I thought so too, except when my dad beat me senseless. That was the first time." He now looked shock, furious even
"After that day, I vowed to never speak to my dad again, and I've done a pretty good job at it except it just makes him despise me more. He talks to me through my mother because he can't even bare to look at me. It's hard you know?"

We all deserve a right. We deserve the right to cut toxic people out of our lives, and that's what I decided on that day. Except my sister had other plans.

"Is that what the deals related to?"

"Kind of. My sister saw how she affected my relationship with my father, seeming amused by the shift. So I guess she made the best out of it. That day she made a deal that I only get to live under their roof under her and 'daddy's' rules. Which basically was:
rule 1.  No boys. Ever.
rule 2. Make your own money.
rule 3. everyday is chore day.
I guess I felt like the maid in the house at that point, so I worked really hard to avoid having to go back home." I explained

He now had pure sympathy in his eyes, looking at me like I'm made of glass and only one touch will break me.

But no that wasn't the case at all. I was never fragile. I learned quick, because this was not what I deserved, so I made a good life out of it, one which didn't involve them. And I was happy. I really was.

It was simple, shy is weak, confidence is the key, even if it's fake.

"Violence is never okay. Never let it be okay" he told me as he brushed a strand of hair behind my ears.

"I know that, of course." I laughed, "I'm really not fragile you know. It gets hard, but you don't just leave. You don't just stop."

"You fight." He continued for me

To which I nodded, agreeing with him completely.

I changed the subject, feeling as if it's getting too gloomy for my taste around here, so we started talking about his love life.

"so you're telling me, you called a girl whose name was Annie, Bryona? While you were on her?" I burst out in laughter, and so did he.

"In my defence, I did sleep with a Bryona the night before!" He grinned

"Oh my god Harry!!!" I laughed, smacking him on the chest playfully.

This went on until 4am, where the conversation got fun.

"So truth or dare" a groggy Harry asked.

"Truth" I responded, feeling really light-headed and sleepy,

"Why did you let Louis kiss you." He asked, furrowing his brows.

We had shifted on the bed multiple times, so I was really close to him now, and since I was so sleepy, I laid my head down on his lap and looked up at him.

"Because I thought maybe he could be you" I dozed off, falling asleep right after saying the words.