Chapter 23

They say love and hate are two sides of the same coin.

Harry had been acting awfully strange the past few days, ever since he told me I can't join the big infamous war, I've been feeling neglected.

Just to add on that, Harry has been completely and utterly doing everything in his power to avoid me.

His demeanour changed from worried friend to over protective boyfriend in what, 14 days? And he wasn't even my boyfriend! but of course, I wouldn't mind if he wanted to be. Even though he can't know that.

The past 2 weeks have been the ultimate bonding experience with Harry, and since the night I fell asleep on his lap, our nightly talks had became somewhat a ritual.

That is, Up until 3 days ago when the dumbass flipped the switch and started ghosting me.

I knew by now how much I cared for him. My love for him had obviously grown over time, and well we all knew that was inevitable.

At this point, I'm pretty sure I'd slap Louis if he tried to tell me I don't love Harry; Because, all that the 3 days of feeling like hell prove to me was that I was complete and utterly in love with this man.

And I mean, that's the thing about unrequited love. You learn to deal with it. To numb it.

All Louis wanted with me was to try to have his way with me and practically torture me for whatever sick reason, which implies to Zayn too. So I think by now we covered that they're both sadistic maniacs.

Kidding, but they most certainly are difficult.

It's been almost 5 months since Zayn and I had that one night stand so I guess I now feel less... exposed.

I feel less like I lost my self respect and dignity by falling for 3 men.

Well to be fair, I only fell for one of them. The other two were just... difficult ... or in other words sadistic maniacs.

While in thought, I heard the front door click open. He was finally home, and maybe it was my feelings talking or maybe it was my inner fan girl punching the shit out of me for not shooting my shot, but I ran down the stairs to make sure to catch him before he locks himself in his room once again.

"Harry goddamn it what's the problem. Talk to me" I stood in front of him where he could see me clearly in an attempt to be unavoidable,

But Harry being the dodgy douche he is, acted clueless, "Aurelia go away I have no idea what you're talking about and I've had a rough day."

The demeanour between us had shifted tremendously in the past few months. Originally, he had that sweetheart act on for the fans (well, for me.), and then he put the snarky and dodgy act up, and then he started being all rude dramatic and frankly mean... and eventually... he started being caring. Concerned even.

And here we are, back to square 1. Hello Mr. rude, dodgy, asshole.

He thought he could get away that easily but no. Me being the stubborn kid I am, made sure to insist,
"Lies all over. You know exactly what I'm talking about. God I feel like I'm in After and you're the dirt bag boyfriend who treats me like crap for a minute then turns back to cold and dodgy the next"

I did not just do that.
I did not just say the B word.

I tried to clear it up, but it was too late.

"Dirt bag boyfriend? Damn how subtle Lia. Might as well just ask me to fuck you right here." He smirked, going back to his old playful caring self for a second before something shifted in him for what felt like the 172893939th time this week. "Like I said. I'm tired.Leave me alone."

"Okay no don't leave. You know that's not what I meant! I just, I just mean... I don't know, your whole dodgy act is really freaking uncool okay. You know damn well I love you." Did I really just say that?

What is this? Embarrass yourself day?

nope, nope.

It's make a fool out of yourself day. Or more professionally known as "shut up before you make it worse yet again dumbass" day.

His eyebrows rose immediately, and I could see a hint of a smirk somewhere in that perfect face of his.

And that's when I gave up. I literally just, put my face in my hand, groaned and walked away.

I take stupidity to a whole new level.

~

A/N
This is personally one of my favourite chapters please love it like I do xx