Chapter 10

The loud chatter and blasted music were unbearable from up here. I was absolutely wasted and felt sick, and on top of all that, Louis had outed me as his assistant literally hours ago.

I wanted so badly to sneak out, but as much as I hate to admit it, I was quite worried about the idea of Louis 'ruining' me.

I dug up my phone and without thinking dialled a number I knew I'll regret calling.

"I need to get out of here. My head hurts, I feel like crap Harry; And I know you don't care, but it's 2am and Mikey and Kc are for sure not available. But don't worry, this is just me ranting I don't expect anything from u." I blurted our as soon as he picked up, not because I was shy and weak, but because I feared he's one of the guests downstairs.

"Maybe I could arrange a ride for you to help you breathe for a while. Louis is probably far too busy to be concerned, darling." He suggested.

I then told him that the idea is lovely but the driver would need to be at the bottom of my window rather than near the entrance. He was hesitant but he helped anyway.

I sneaked out my window like a school girl hiding from her father, which was so not what I wanted to reflect off my experience as a singer's assistant.

I got into the car, not as disappointed as I'd usually be knowing that it's just me in here. I then asked the driver to simply roam around while blasting music.

I rolled down the window and pretty much just screamed for what felt like hours. The air was refreshing but time was flying by fast. It was almost 3:30am by now and I needed to get back before louis noticed I left.

As I guided the driver back to louis' place, I climbed up the ladder that I previously used to sneak out, only to be met by 2 blue eyes, sternly looking at me with a warning gaze.

"The disrespect." He simply huffed.

"I-I'm uh. I needed some fresh air."

"Don't take my words lightly, Ms.Heart. The contract you signed prior to you working here clearly gave me all rights to do anything without it affecting your 6 month stay." He warned, "as of right now, your payment is cut by 50%."

"What? That just- I can't-"

"When I said I will ruin you, I wasn't joking. I don't take disrespect lightly. Prepare to be let down when you need me the most, love." He blankly stated.
"You will remain working for me, however, for as long as ur contract stands."

I wasn't quite sure of my own reaction yet.

This meant I'd have to get yet another job alongside my 2 current ones, while living in agony and fear of what his way of 'ruining' me may be.

This is far too extreme. Damn he needs to get laid.

The next morning, I woke up to a few text messages. I still had my twitter active meaning I didn't miss the new headlines. 'Zayn Malik fights with past band member Louis Tomlinson' 'Zayn Malik quotes 'used ass is useless ass' in response to Louis's assistant outing'

wait he what?

I quickly clicked on Zayn's profile, seeing his most recent tweet which was most certainly directed towards me stating 'Used ass is useless ass'

excuse you.

I knew of the plans we had for today based on the early text messages from Louis. We were meant to visit Harry once again and have a talk about some new song Louis needed help with, which meant I'd have to arrange the transport and clothings for the day now.

"Wow I can't believe Zayn's dragging you like that!" Said Kc from across the phone as I jotted down some notes and information from an email Louis received from Chanel; not really feeling like taking the job seriously, but knowing I have to do so regardless.

"Neither can I! God he's so pathetic and petty, he should really act his age for goodness sake." I frowned.

"But hey, at least you're spending time with Harry, which the other billion of us don't manage to do."

"I know, I know. It's whatever, really." I responded, deliberately leaving out parts about Louis's harsh words knowing he most probably wouldn't be too pleased knowing I spilled.

So I didn't let the conversation go on for too long before ending the call and going down to leave.

The limo then arrived, Picking me and Louis up sending us into a quiet, tension filled car ride.