Chapter 48- extras, Aurelia's Mom

Aurelia's Mom's POV

    Aurora was always the one to get all the boys, she was the perky cheerleader of the family, and her father and I admired her for that.

Aurelia however was more like the damaged goods. She was gorgeous but broken. Her father's hatred towards her and my ignorance combined made her the independent beauty she is now, and I couldn't be more sorry about it.

I loved them both equally like any other parent would, but I can't say the same for their father. He was biased and always had been, and he just needed an excuse to go off on Aurelia.

Aurelia looked an awful load like my husband, Bob's, mother, the same mother who betrayed and left him as a child. So perhaps Aurelia daunts him that way.

As much as I tried to break some sense into him, it was like all sense banished whenever he saw Aurelia walk into the room.

The day we lost her was the worst day of my life; letting and watching her walk out of the door and not come back was my biggest regret, and so I mourned and grieved everyday, which of course, Bob would never understand.

The pain I went through within those days of only hearing and seeing her on the news were impeccable, so inevitably, Bob and I split up.

Aurora of course hated Aurelia all the more for it, or in other words, it got her even more jealous knowing her mom cares for Aurel so much.

Jealousy was Aurora's downfall, it always had been. If this were a Shakespearean Tragedy, jealously would be her tragic flaw, and beauty would be Aurelia's.

After Bob and I split up, I knew what I had to do. I had to get Aurelia back; but the truth was, she seemed better off.

Without all the family drama and ignorance and pain, there was room for her to shine.

It hurt me to not be able to just pick up the phone and call her, but I couldn't take her sparkle away once again.

Although I've always wanted to, every time I dialled her name, I'd end the call before the third ring. Even once she picked up, but she rudely disregarded my apologies, which I understood completely.

Never in a million years would I imagine I'd have to live alone because of my fears.

Bob was cruel from the start, so there was no going back to him, and Aurora inevitably chose him, because of her jealousy I'm guessing.

So laying down on the cold and lonely bed, I felt nothing but pain and regret, re-living every one of our precious family memories.

I picked up the phone, feeling pained, and dialled her number.

"Hello?" Her silky voice was calming even through the phone. I hadn't heard it since the day she left, and I was broken out of my trance by her little questions, "who is this?"

I couldn't do it. I couldn't.

I hung up.

If Aurora hadn't let her jealousy get in the way of our family, we'd be living our best life right now. But instead, we're each in different parts of town, living the same broken life.

And to my darling daughter,
Jealousy is a disease, get well soon.