Chapter 36

Today was war day all over again, and as usual, I was a nervous wreck.

The past 2 days went by smoothly, oddly enough, there were no attacks and no suspicions, but today would change everything, today, Harry would get involved.

Honestly at this point, I wanted to tell Harry that it's been a month and Louis is as good as dead now, but that would be insensitive and cruel, wouldn't it?

So I decided to shut my mouth and be the supportive not-girlfriend.

I hid behind the wall as I watched Harry walking out, armed and dressed up for the occasion.

I discreetly whispered a goodbye as he closed the door, and unwelcome tears fought their way in, I loved him to death, but I really wished it wouldn't be to his death.

I prayed and prayed and prayed before finally hearing the door ring 3 hours later. I opened the door to be met with nothing but the darkness of the night.

I looked around desperately to find any signs of Harry or his men to find nothing. Absolutely nothing right until I looked down to see a small piece of paper.

'Your little attack failed; meet me or I'll kill them both -Zayn'

the tears were back and there was no stopping them this time, damn it Harry.

I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was Zayn wanted with me, but he didn't need to ask me twice. I got dressed and took out the hidden gun and hid it between my socks and pants.

I looked out to make sure I was in no danger before grabbing a cab to the location listed on the little letter he wrote me.

"Hello?" I called out to the empty shed, getting no response but the echos of my voice.

"Well hello there" said a tall and buff guy from behind me, startling me. "Aurelia I'm guessing. Follow me" I only nodded out of fear and followed him to a distanced room.

I walked through the door to find Zayn smoking a joint, looking as hot as ever as he leaned on a table, looking at a chained up Louis.

Where's Harry?

"Where is Harry." I demanded with fake confidence, resulting in Zayn chuckling before looking up at me.

"Care for a smoke Lia?"

"It's Aurelia to you. No thank you. I much rather know where Harry is so I can get the hell out of here." Louis gave me a glare for forgetting the whole
Point of the mission; "Louis too of course." I added.

"Aw, finally got who you wanted I see. Well Harry isn't here right now, you can take Louis though." Zayn announced nonchalantly.

My eyes were about to pop out of their sockets. Take Louis?

"I'm sorry what?"

"I said you can take Louis. Not without a fight but well, you can." he shrugged.

"And what exactly does it take?" I asked

"Well, we could play Rock Paper Scissors. Oh or we could flip a coin! Heads I kill him, Tales you take him." He said with a completely serious expression on.

"You're joking... right?"

"Not at all Lia. Unless you have a better game to suggest." Zayn can't be serious right now.

"How about you let me take him and I pay you good money for him." I offered

"Oh come on now darling, where's the fun in that?" Why did He looked so good saying all those terrible words. Why am I even here.

"Why am I here, Zayn?"

"Good question! Turns out, my good buddy here came in to the devil's trap to save ... you. With all your 'charm' I'm guessing Harry too is head over heels for you by now. So the real question is, why wouldn't you be here, Aurelia?" He did have a fair point, and he got me here; I was left speechless and confused.

"What now?" I asked softly, not wanting to have Louis's life in my hands.

"Okay let's make a deal. Rock Paper Scissors, you win you take him home, I win, I take you home." He smirked widely, "better?"

my mouth was left agape at his words. Is he really suggesting what I think he's suggesting?

"Fine" my voice was so low it was barely a whisper, yet somehow he still managed to hear me.

"There we go! You're finally coming around!"

I took one more look at Louis. He looked lifeless but merely conscious. He was worn out and tired, and visibly hopeless. I can do this. I can try to do this. It's like gambling.

The first round of Rock Paper Scissors was a tie. We had agreed to play 3 rounds and my heartbeat was relentless.

I scored the first win, all I needed was one more to save a life.

Second win went to Zayn, making this moment all the more dramatic.

I was a nervous wreck, and even Louis started to pay attention despite being so worn out.

Third round was yet again a tie. One more. Come on Aurelia, One more.

I closed my eyes and tears were rushing down my face at the results of the final score.

I couldn't believe it, I saved him.

"Damn it. Maybe next time gorgeous. Take him." He signalled some guards to come free him and he fell helplessly into my arms. I held him tightly while asking the real question,

"Where's Harry." It wasn't as much of a question as it was a statement. I needed him to be proud of me. I needed him here.

"You've been lucky. But nowhere near that lucky. Till next time Lia!" He said before walking out, leaving Louis and I in the stranded shed.