40

uhh so,, dear evan hansen owns my heart again so,, a klance thing. it's based off the song 'only us' uwu

"Keith... You know you don't have to give me reasons to want you. I don't need you to search for the proof that I should. You don't need to be scared that you're not enough, because what we have is good." Lance smiles, pausing for a moment.

"I don't need reminders on what has been broken, I don't need you to fix what I'd rather forget. We should clear the slate and start over, try to quiet all the noises in your head. We can't compete with all that."

So what if it's us?
What if it's us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter?
Can we try that?
What if it's you
And what if it's me
And what if that's all that we need it to be
And the rest of the world falls away?
What do you say?

"I never thought there would be someone who wants me, so I give you a hundred reasons to not let me go. If you really want me for me and only me, then it can be us."

  So it can be us
It can be us
And only us
And what came before won't count anymore or matter
We can try that  

"It's not so impossible, nobody but the two of us here... Cause you're saying it's possible." Lance smiles, cheeks flushed.

"We can just watch the world fall away until we're the only ones," Keith mutters, taking Lance's hands in his own.

"It's just you and me. It'll be us and only us."

"And what came before won't count anymore or matter." Keith breathes, leaning in.

"We can try that, you and me. That's all we need it to be and the rest of the world falls away."

"And the rest of the world falls away," Keith says softly, their lips almost touching. 

"The world falls away... and it's only us," Lance breathes, pushing forward to close the gap between them. Their lips melding together like molten metals. 

Keith cups Lance's face, tears streaming down their cheeks as they kiss through all the sorrow flooding their lives. Kissing each other and holding each other as the world simply melts away around them. It would be them and only them for a long time. 

Sorry to cut this so short. I just needed to do a little drabble to get the creativity flowing. I'm back on my bs of missing school aha... My therapist wants me to do one on one with her tomorrow so I get to miss my first few classes. I'm in a really weird n shaky position. Life is fukin hard lmao. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed. I'll try to get new chapters out today <33