Episode 9: Gotta Get Lucky- Immunity Challenge

"Welcome back to Total Drama Double Trouble!" Chris greeted as the cameras focused on him by the challenge site, "Before the break, the campers were told to head through the forest to get to today's challenge. Let's see if they're feeling 'lucky'."

--------

By virtue of following the path behind the mini-mansion as well as a few signs that were hung on trees, the present campers managed to make their way to the challenge site, where Karlie was already waiting for them. The site was nothing new to them; it was the same building in the production camp that was used for the last immunity challenge. This left the group curious as to what the upcoming challenge would be.

"Hello campers!" Chef Hatchet shouted in his usual tone.

"Hey, Chef," Veronica greeted, "Are you hosting the challenge today?"

"Nah, Chris is booked for all the challenges this season," Chef Hatchet revealed, "Just head inside."

With that, the group of eleven filed into the building. As they entered the building, they were left speechless with what was inside. Although, considering that it was pitch black, they weren't able to see anything worth commenting on. One by one, they hesitantly shuffled into the building, doing their best not to run into anyone or anything. Once the last person was completely in the building, Chef Hatchet slammed the door shut, shocking the campers.

"Well....that was unexpected," Karlie commented.

"Alina!" Callie screamed, "Where are you?!"

"I'm right here!" Alina replied as she pulled Callie towards her, "Don't worry!"

"I'm not good with the dark. It's not that I think that there are 'monsters' or anything in the dark. It's that I can't see anything in the dark; my family, friends, and other people that I care about are just, hidden behind a black curtain. It's really daunting."- Callie

"So the door shuts and we're all stuck in here. Sure, we could've tried to push the door open, but Chef was probably pushing against it from the other side. All we could do was wait."- Tory

"This would've been a good opportunity to look for the invincibility statue; after all, no one would see what I was doing. But because it was so dark, I couldn't tell which table was the gold one. And I wasn't gonna start aimlessly crawling from table to table. I'll have to find it later."- Daniel

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's...." a voice began before the lights turned on, revealing Chris standing in a suit on a small stage, "....blackjack time here at Camp Wawanakwa!"

With the lights now on, the group was able to inspect their surroundings. The walls were a mellow gold, the carpet below them was a dark red, there were four differently coloured tables with buzzers on them, and there were pictures of all the past winners of Total Drama on the walls, including Amalia. And in front of them was a small stage with an extremely large television screen on it. While this was an exciting sight for many of them, they all were still curious as to what the challenge would be.

"Everyone take a spot at a table: three tables of three, and one table of two," Chris declared, thus allowing the campers to separate and head to the tables of their choice, "Today, we're gonna play a little blackjack."

"Um, Chris!" Callie called out as she raised her right hand, "Not all of us are nineteen."

"That hasn't stopped him before," Alina reminded as she grabbed Callie's wrist and gently lowered her hand, "Best not to question it."

"You won't be gambling: today's challenge will test your memory and your math skills," Chris revealed, "On my go, playing cards will appear and disappear from the screen at random, each with a camper's face on them and a numerical or letter value in the top left corner. Your goal will be to find two, three, or four cards that add up to twenty-one. Once you think that you've figured out a valid set of cards, you must hit your buzzer, and repeat to me the names of the campers on the cards that correspond to your numbers. If your set of cards is valid, you get to pick one person to eliminate from the challenge. If your set of cards is invalid, you will be eliminated."