Episode 19: A Fiery Finale- The Final Challenge Pt.2

"Welcome back to the season finale of Total Drama Double Trouble!" Chris welcomed as the cameras panned on him in the air with his jetpack, "Before the break, Karlie managed to get a lead on Callie going into the third task. But with more than half the challenge yet to be completed, anything can happen. Let's get back to the action!"

--------

With Chris' narration completed, the footage cut to Daniel & Alina running through the forest with Callie getting a piggyback ride from Alina. With them being the trailing team, they felt the need to run in order to make up for lost time. They knew that Karlie, Veronica, & Kavan could easily finish the tasks quickly, further motivating them to push themselves to the limit.

"We just gotta get down this path!" Daniel declared as he continued leading the group.

"Keep running!" Callie encouraged.

"Quick question: why do I have to give Callie a piggyback ride?" Alina asked, curious, "I mean, I don't mind, but why?"

"Callie needs to save her strength for the final task," Daniel explained, "The better rested she is for the final task, the easier it'll be for her to complete it."

"I had no clue what the final task would be. But in case it was physical, I wanted to make sure that Callie was as strong as possible for it. She's like a rocket ship: when at full power, it's really difficult to stop her."- Daniel

"Here it is!" Daniel called out as the three of them reached the producer's area, where they saw a big arrow pointing to two pedestals with a large object on each of them, "Let's go!"

Upon closer inspection, the objects on the pedestals were rectangular prism-shaped blocks of ice, in which were Callie & Karlie's keys. It was clear to the trio that they had to get the key out of their block of ice; the bigger problem was figuring out how to do it.

"That's a huge block of ice," Callie pointed out as she got off of Alina's back.

"Hold on," Daniel requested as he placed his hands on the block of ice and pressed down, "Not moving: this is real ice."

"So we gotta get that key inside of it," Alina rationalized, "We have tools; which one do we use?"

"Well, we used the shovels for the last task, and I don't see how the grappling hook will help us here," Callie noted as she picked up a watergun, "So I guess we're using these."

With that, Callie began forcefully spraying the block of ice with water. While Callie seemed to be putting a lot of effort into spraying the ice block, it didn't appear to break the block at all. While they would normally allow Callie to continue her efforts, they couldn't afford to let her continue without any meaningful results; they just didn't have the time.

"HYAHHHHHHH!" Callie exclaimed as she sprayed the block of ice for a few more seconds before stopping, "It's not working, guys!"

"I just wanted to help out; Alina & Daniel have done a lot for me so far and I just wanted to do my fair share of the work."- Callie

"We can see that," Alina confirmed, frustrated, "How does Chris expect us to melt a block of ice with a watergun?"

"I don't," Chris admitted, laughing as he descended from the sky with his jetpack, "I just wanted to see you guys make zero progress with it."

"Typical," Alina muttered under her breath, "Well, I guess we have to try something else."

"Move aside," Daniel ordered as he took a shovel and stood next to the ice block, "Let's try this..."