Episode 18: Up, Up, and Back Down Again...- Downtime/Elimination

"Welcome back to Total Drama Double Trouble!" Chris welcomed as the cameras panned in on the beach, "Before the break, Callie locked up a spot in the final two, while Alina: her closest ally, booked a spot on the Jet-Ski of Losers. With only one spot left in the finale, Daniel & Karlie will surely scramble to make sure that spot belongs to them. Let's take a look at what the four remaining campers are up to."

--------

The cameras first turned to the male's side of the losers' cabin, where Karlie joined Daniel to talk about the last challenge. With neither of them placing first nor last in the challenge, Callie had to choose which one of them would join her in the finale. For the two allies, the knowledge that one of them wasn't going to the finale was a hard thing to address, but they both accepted it.

"That was a crazy challenge," Karlie commented as she leaned against one of the walls of the cabin.

"Tell me about it," Daniel agreed as he laid down in a bunk, "I can't believe my time was over twenty-four minutes!"

"I'm extremely disappointed in myself; that challenge was for me to win, and I blew it. But maybe this is for the best; now that Callie has to make the decision, she can get rid of Karlie for me, and I get no blood on my hands."- Daniel

"Don't take it so hard," Karlie insisted, "I made no mistakes and I still finished slower than Callie."

"She did really well today," Daniel commented, "I guess we should've expected it."

"How could we?" Karlie asked rhetorically, "This is the first time she did well in a memory challenge."

"Callie becomes more and more surprising the longer that this season goes on. But that's good for me; now that she's in power, I might be able to convince her to vote out Daniel instead of me. Sure, she's loyal to a fault, but if Rhythm could convince Amalia to betray Daniel last season, I'm pretty sure I could do it this season."- Karlie

"Would've been cool if the two of us were in the finals," Daniel commented, "I guess it wasn't meant to be."

"Yeah, I guess so..." Karlie agreed, "Y'know, I'm gonna be honest: if I won the final challenge, I would've taken Callie. Sorry..."

"Don't be," Daniel requested, "I would've taken her too."

"Really?" Karlie asked as the two of them laughed, "Why? Just wondering."

"A couple reasons," Daniel admitted, "For one, I wouldn't want Amalia to have to choose between the two of us when she has to pick who to support."

"True," Karlie agreed, "That did go through my mind at least once."

"Well...what's next for us?" Daniel asked, "Are we going to run to Callie and stab each other in the back to get her to take us to the finale?"

"When you put it like that, it sounds evil," Karlie admitted, to which the two of them chuckled.

"How about this?" Daniel began as he sat up in his bunk, "We each get to talk with Callie by ourselves; we can say and do whatever we want to get Callie to take us to the finale. And in the end, we'll still be friends."

"So it's like being friends with benefits," Karlie rationalized, "Except it's with betrayal instead of sex."

"I'll kindly request that you don't refer to us as 'friends with benefits'," Daniel requested kindly, "Amalia isn't going to like that even if it has nothing to do with romance."

"Fine," Karlie agreed before turning to face the camera that was filming them, "Amalia, don't worry; this guy is all yours."

"Can we just agree on this?" Daniel requested as he reached out his right hand, "We can betray, and stay friends."