Episode 17: One Step Forward- Immunity Challenge

It didn't take long for the five remaining campers to make their way to the beach, where they saw the structures for that day's immunity challenge. There were five tables, each with fifteen spools and a long, metal stick with prongs on them, five springs with an intricate metal maze resting on each of them, and a wooden disk resting on the top of each maze. It was clear that great care was taken into making each structure, making the campers concerned that the challenge would require an extreme amount of concentration.

"Hello campers. It's time for your next immunity challenge: Spring Forward," Chris declared as he turned to point out the different structures on the beach, "When I say go, you'll use your prongs to grab a spool, maneuver it through the metal maze, and place it on the disk on the top of the maze, stacking them as you maneuver more and more spools. The structure is mounted on a spring in order to make it harder to balance. If you accidentally hit the maze with your stick, the maze will tilt, the spools will fall off the disk, and you'll have to start over. The first camper to stack all their spools on top each other wins immunity and a guaranteed spot in the final four. If no one stacks all of their spools within fifteen minutes, the camper who has stacked the most amount of spools will win immunity."

"I'm pretty sure I saw this on a different show," Daniel whispered to Veronica.

"Just be glad that he's not gonna shoot arrows at us while we're doing the challenge," Veronica requested.

"I'll give you a few minutes to think about the challenge before we get started," Chris declared.

"I need to win immunity badly. Even though Daniel says that he's on my side, I still don't have enough votes for a majority. This is the only way to guarantee my safety."- Veronica

"I don't feel like I'm in danger of being voted out tonight, but I still want to win today. I want to make sure that I'm in control of my own fate in this game, and the only way to ensure that is to win immunity."- Karlie

"Now that I don't have any invincibility statues, the only way to guarantee my safety is to win immunity. I don't know if I can trust Karlie or Daniel 100%, so I have to give it my all."- Callie

--------

The footage then fast-forwarded to show the five campers standing by their tables, ready to begin the challenge. At this point in the competition, any thought of throwing the challenge was obsolete. It didn't matter who they trusted or how safe they felt; they all knew that winning immunity was the only way to guarantee that they couldn't be voted out. And with all that they've accomplished so far, they were desperate to not get eliminated.

"Alright campers: the winner of this challenge earns themselves a spot in the final four," Chris reminded as he pulled out his airhorn, "Ready, set........GO!"

Following the sound of Chris' airhorn, all five campers sprinted into action. They were in sync as they picked up their prongs and quickly carried their first spools over to the maze. But once they began maneuvering their sticks through the maze, they took a slower approach. They all banged into the maze a few times, but it didn't really matter. Since they just started the challenge, they didn't have to worry about tipping over any spools.

"And...there!" Veronica exclaimed as she placed her first spool on the disk.

"Veronica's is on the board first!" Chris narrated, "It's a one-horse race."

"Make that a two-horse race!" Daniel declared as he planted his first spool on the disk.

"I'm right behind you!" Karlie assured.