Roman

I wait for Nikki on the bridge, as the clock strikes closer to eleven. My body leans against the cobblestone bridge, as the night gets colder. I see couples holding hands, as they pass me. I keep glancing at my phone to see if she has contacted me.
I find myself walking to the nearest park bench. As I begin to sit down, I see her starting to walk my way.

 As I begin to sit down, I see her starting to walk my way

A smile and a spirit of relief come over me. I start to walk her way because I couldn't wait to see her.

" You came?" I say giving her the biggest hug, hoping to never let go.

" Of course I came," she says with her big brown eyes staring up directly in mine. moment of awkward silence lives in between.

"Let's sit down" I point as the bench, to show her. She gently pushes my hand to my side.

" No, let's go for a walk," she says, starting to walk in front of me. " So how's everything?"

" I called you." I didn't answer her question, not because I didn't want to but because I wanted her to know how much I missed her.

" Roman, please not now. I just wanna enjoy our walk." I shake my head to show I understand her.

" How's life being an aunt?" I ask her. A huge smile comes over her face.

"It's amazing, I got to watch her tonight."

" you would be an amazing mother."

" Roman?"

" Sorry."We continue to walk in silence for the next 10 minutes, which I enjoy. It meant everything to be with her again. As times grew on, the trial grew shorter. " I guess this it." I say, stopping to face her. " It means everything to me, that you came here tonight."

" Roman, I do still care," she says, as she goes in for a hug. Then me being to fast, I try and kiss her. She quickly pulls her hand out and put it in between us. " But I am with John again."