Roman

I pace nervously in the private waiting room. Negative thoughts start speeding into my head. I've been here for almost 2 hours and haven't heard a single piece of information.

I feel her warm hands, wraps my around my stomach. " I came as soon as I heard." She says.

" I know. I haven't learn anything yet. Just that my children and ex-wife car was hit by a drunk driver on their way home and that the car is totaled."

" Roman, I m so sorry."

" Thanks, Nicole. I know Galina family will be here soon, so maybe you should go. " I take out my keys. " Here is my keys, stay at my place tonight."

" Roman, you can't be serious? I can't leave you alone!" She insists.

"I'm not alone, Seth is in the cafeteria downstairs. Now, please just go."

"Well, -"

"Please, Nicole?"She hesitates a little before shaking her head yes. " Thank you. I'll be home later on tonight."
------------------------------------------------
I come home to see Nikki sleep on the left side of my bed. She is wrapped tightly with the blanket, and leave her feet bare. I find a pair of new socks, and slide them on her feet.

It's almost three in the morning, I start to strip to my underwear and get into bed with Nikki. Of course, we start to cuddle. I wrap my arm around her and try to adjust her head.

" Roman?" She whispers. " What time is it?"

" Almost 3, we should get some rest."

" Okay." She says and starts to fall back to sleep.

———-
Author Question: What do you think the car accident will mean for Nikki and Roman relationship?