Nikki

I give him one more desperate look, before answering. " Sure, just make it quick."

" I wanna apologize. I should have paid more attention to what you said and I will also have dinner with you anytime you want." He says trying to reach for my arm to bring me into a tight hug.

It's a moment like this when John and I relationship, becoming so fragile and rocky. He tells me this apology and makes a promise which by the way he never fulfills. But I don't question him or his intentions because I fall right into his foolish trap. But not this time. " Okay, John."

"That's all I get is okay?"

" No, that's all you deserve. Now I'm going to be staying at Brie houses while we are in the area. So don't call me or contact me. I just am processing your actions, and if you are the man I wanna be with. I'll pick up Winston ( the dog) next week."

" Nicole, you can't be serious?"

" John, don't make this worse on yourself. I just need time, I'll call you if an emergency. " And with that, I walk off, but not just any type of walk-off but like a badass. I knew my place and I will stand in it.

--------------------------------------------------------
After leaving the arena, I start to drive to Scottsdale, AZ, also known as my birthplace. I'm excited to See Brie, I haven't seen her since Summer Slam, so about 2 weeks. It's about a 30-minute ride from Phoenix.

Once arriving I knock on Brie and Bryan door and wait for a response. It's not long until I see Brie with Birdie wrap around her arms. " Nikki!" She whispers in a screaming tone since Birdie is sleep.

" Hi. " I say leaning in to give her a one arm hug. I put my luggage down in her guest bedroom, and come out to Brie sitting by herself in her living room. " Where did the Bird go?"

" She's sleeping in her crib. But the real question is what is up with you?"

" What?"

" C'mon, Nikki. You are practically glowing."

" I wish." I say referring to the word glowing being described to a pregnant woman. " But, the reason I may be glowing, is because I'm talking to Roman again."

"What!?"