Nikki

I lean on Roman's mother kitchen counter as she continues to make lunch. " Honey, can you pass me the seasoning, it is right behind you?"

" Of course." I turn around and grab the seasoning only to pass it back to her.

" Thank you." She says then starts to sprinkle it on the meat she just took out the oven. " Oh, I hope you are not a vegetarian or whatever?"

" Oh, no that's my sister, but me, on the other hand, love some meat."

" Great. How about you grab a drink from the fridge and join me at the kitchen table. "  I look in the fridge to see beers, tea, soda, juice. I grab a bottle of green tea in front then join her, at the wooden white table. " So can I call you Nikki or Nicole?"

" Either is okay."

" Great." We then see Roman playing with the kids, through the glass patio door. A smile comes over both our faces. " Aw, he is quite something, but he sure loves you. " She says. " I remember the time he called me because it was your 1st arguments, showed you the house that he envisioned and the way you reacted made him he believed he was moving to fast. I told him to apologize and I assumed he didn't apologize because he is so stubborn." I smile at her remark. " But Nicole he really does love you. Every single day he tells me something new about you or something he loves about you."

" I love your son very much."

" That's good to know, I just know that Galina was horrible towards the end of their marriage and he needs a nice girl like -" She stops when she hears the front door open. " That must be his sister you met her at the funeral."

I see Roman sister comes in closing the door. " Sorry I am a late mom. I was held up in traffic-" She then stops and looks at me." You let this whore in your home, mom she broke up Your son's marriage?" She yells at me.

Before I can answer Roman comes sliding through the slide doors. " That's enough Vanessa." Roman yells at her.

" Yes, that enough." Roman mother says. She then turns to us. " Go ahead and bring her to the guest room." Roman shakes his head, and lead me to the guest room.

 He then places me against the door once we enter the room

He then places me against the door once we enter the room. " Nicole, I am so sorry. Please don't cry."

" Roman your sister just said she hated me and called me a whore. So I can't stop crying!" Then all of a sudden the switch change. " Actually Roman what does your family know about us?" I yell at him. " Do they know about the affair and how you constantly harassed to see me again or just how we met around your divorce? Or even better did they blame me  for the divorce?"

" Nicole, of course not. I just can't tell them that I had fallen in love during my marriage."

"So your ego is more important how your family is seeing me?"

" Nicole...."

" You're a joke." I say as I walk past him and head towards the guest bathroom. " I am taking a shower." I say slamming the door.