MIDGARD: VICTOR

MIDGARD: VICTOR

Victor was watching the bleak sun set in the distance. Normally, the sky would be awash with color, but today it was as grey as a slate. Rain plastered his window as he sat thinking about his mind boggling experience by the Thames. He saw the whites of the men's eyes, how they seemed to be in a trance. He recalled the fiery horns that seemed to change with his mood: "Excellent. I always wanted to be a mood light." Victor thought sullenly. His leather jacket was spotted with rain water and his grey jeans were dusted in grime and stained with flecks of mud. Victor decided he needed to stop stewing in his own emotions. Something he had learned when he was 14 years old and he went through an 'emo phase'. He went down to his living room where his mother was busy correcting papers from her history class. She looked up and asked: "Vic? What's wrong, you look paler than normal." Victor sat down next to his mother and said: "I don't know mother, I'm bored, can I help you out sorting your papers?" his mother smiled happily: "Of course! I so rarely get to spend time like this with you these days!"

Little did they know, these would be the last hour of their normal lives...