HELHEIM: VICTOR

HELHEIM: VICTOR

When Skylar fell and Maximilian fell into Garmr's arms next to him, he felt something inside him, something small and fragile, break. Something inside him died. All his tears stopped. When Maximilian looked wrecked by the events that had transpired, Victor spoke with cold fury: "Loki will pay for this."

Victor suddenly screamed and exploded outwards with black fire, no one could stop him now, his grief unspeakably deep, his fire horns were blazing black. The throne room was blasted apart, the palace of the dead began to crumble as waves of fire crashed into the surrounding area, the fires washed harmlessly over Maximilian but Hela, Garmr, and Balder all caught the full brunt of Victor's fury.

After several minutes of the black inferno engulfing the castle, Maximilian was groaning on the floor, around them only the black throne of Hela remained amongst the charred remains of the palace, remains of arches and columns sat smoking in the black gravel. Garmr's furs were burned off and he wore nothing but blackened leathers and a loincloth, Balder's robes were charred, nothing more. But finally closest to them, Hela rose, her regular face was slightly covered in soot, her outfit slightly ashen, but she turned, the black robes now torn and shredded, but a ghastly nightmare awaited them. The mask had been blasted off, and underneath was a mess of scars and flesh. The eye socket held one normal brown eye, the scarred side of the mouth looked like a permanent sneer. Hela looked at Victor: "You dare..."

Victor's eyes were both jet black and seemed to blaze with the intensity of a thousand suns. He extended his sword: "This is for Skylar."

Hela's eyes glowed with her own black crackling energy: "I don't think you understand brother. Death is impartial and not the enemy. I have been here for millennia, and will be here after Ragnarok, Death is eternal."

Blinded by anger, Victor's sword shape shift into replicas of Skylar's knives and he slashed them at Hela. Millimetres from Hela's neck, she, Garmr, and Balder vanishes in a cloud of ashes.

Breathing heavily, panting strenuously, crying profusely, Victor's knives fused back into a sword and it fell on the ground as Victor broke down in a hysterical fit tears.

He heard the gravel behind him shift as Maximilian picked himself up and walked over to Victor. Victor's laboured breathing allowed him to choke out a raspy whisper: "She's gone..."

Maximilian placed a hand on his shoulder and in a soft grieved voice, but assuredly said: "I know Victor, I know."

Victor turned around and hugged Maximilian, snivelling into Maximilian's shoulder. In a pained voice, Victor spoke: "We have to make Loki pay. We have to move on."

The two of them looked at the throne, now with a blazing red Raidho rune on the panel that wasn't there before. They stared at the throne with vengeful fury in their eyes for that was the object that cost them their friend. They both made contact with the throne as Victor placed his palm on it and Maximilian nodded and they were both carried far away from Helheim.