MIDGARD: VICTOR

MIDGARD: VICTOR

The next morning they woke up later in the morning. The sun shone through the snowy clouded skies. He walked down from his room in his loose pyjamas to see Maximilian doing exercises in the living room in a tight shirt that Victor had lent him. Victor cheerily said: "Morning!"

Maximilian got up from doing his push ups and responded: "Morning Victor. I'm going out to get breakfast I'm relatively sure how to get groceries in your realm."

Victor raised an eyebrow: "You sure you don't want me to go with you?"

Maximilian scoffed: "Oh please, I've fought dragons and demons a trio of the grocery store should be child's play."

With that Maximilian changed into a grey collared shirt and black jeans as Victor dug some cash out of his mother's safe box and handed it to Maximilian: "Max, be careful."

Maximilian winked at him: "Why do you worry?"

Victor called after him as Maximilian exited the door: "Because it's you!"

After Maximilian left Victor sat on the couch for a second before bounding back up the stairs to his bed just to watch Maximilian walk down the path and into the snow, he whispered: "Stay safe..."

There was the sound of a yawn behind him, and Victor grabbed his dowel from his nightstand and slashed at the air behind him.

The sword passed through the apparition of Loki.

Loki laughed: "Really is that anyway to greet your dear father?"

Victor hissed in anger: "You're not my real father. A real father would help his child."

Loki snapped his fingers and a large ghostly beanbag of fire appeared and the spirit Loki sat down on it. Relaxed Loki drawled: "And that's what I'm trying to do Victor! Removing everything that inhibits your true wildfire. For example!"

Loki waved his hand and a view to another location appeared, the top of London Bridge. The view showed a blonde boy chained to a chair as a woman with tan skin and black hair towered over him, the woman's voice was tinged with anger and false sweetness: "Renounce your love to him and I'll kill you quickly."

The blonde boy's voice wavered with fear for a second before he defiantly responded: "I'll never give Victor up!"

The woman hissed and clenched her fist. Maximilian's veins turned lava red and Maximilian screamed in pain. Victor responded by shouting at Loki: "Stop it!"

Loki smirked: "You'd do anything to save him. Won't you?"

Victor was on the verge of screaming: "I would." He said through gritted teeth.

Loki clapped his hands together his ghostly fiery horns grew in intensity as he jovially responded: "Then you'll accept becoming my apprentice and ward."

Victor was taken aback: "Never."

Loki sighed: "Oh please. Gullveig darling, if you will."

Through the view portal Gullveig pushed the chair Maximilian closer to the edge as the boy strained, veins popping. Loki looked pointedly at Victor: "You sure about that?"

Victor and Maximilian seemingly made eye contact through the portal as Maximilian's eyes widened in denial. Victor lowered his head as he thought about what he had lost, and what he will lose if he didn't comply. He closed his eyes as he responded solemnly: "I do."

Loki smiled widely and materialised completely in Victor's room. Without hesitation Victor blasted Loki with black flames. Loki casually raised his hand and absorbed all the flames before innocently wringing his hands: "You've been improving Victor. Very hot flames."

Victor tried to blast Loki again before Loki hissed: "Freeze."

Loki's spell washed over him and he felt his muscles refuse to move and no matter how much he strained Loki's spell stopped him. Loki smiled again indulgently: "Much better. Remember everything you are and can do, so am I and so can I."

Victor felt Loki brush his finger under Victor's chin: "Chin up boy, I am going to mould you into the perfect weapon at Ragnarok."

Loki turned to the portal screen: "Gullveig I have no use for the Odinson, kill him."

Victor's veins were popping as tears welled up in his eyes as Gullveig whispered: "Say goodbye to your boyfriend." and kicked Maximilian off the top of the London Bridge

Loki took Victor by the shoulder and they both dissolved into darkness.