NIFLHEIM: VICTOR

NIFLHEIM: VICTOR

They arrived at a large spacious cave after several long hours huddled together. Numb with cold, Victor and Maximilian tumbled into the cave, exhausted. Victor suddenly felt faint. He had unknowingly expended so much energy in keeping them alive, he was severely depleted. He slowly began to lose consciousness before Maximilian shook him harshly and jabbing his fingers firmly into the side of his torso.

"Victor! Are you alright?" Urged Maximilian.

Victor groggily groaned under his breath, before slowly crawling up with the help of Maximilian. Maximilian propped him up against the wall, dug into his utility belt and pulled out some dried rations and a flint and steel he could now use in the cold silence of the cave as opposed to the windy cold woods outside. Victor watched with half opened eyes as Maximilian lit a fire, after which Maximilian rushed over to him and pulled him to the fire. Victor felt the warmth tickle his frost covered skin. He felt his eyes slowly droop, he was safe. He knew Maximilian would take care of him for now. He just needed rest.

Victor had another dream. He opened his eyes in a wide cavern.

"Ah! My son returns! How are you my dear child?"

Victor scowled: "Father."

"Why the long face?"

"I know you sent frost giants to Asgard."

Loki shrugged in his chains: "If it's any consolation. They were only meant to capture you and bring you here."

"You want me to thank you?"

"Well, I'd settle for you joining me."

"Save it."

"Very well. If I can't convince you, maybe someone else will."

A slender figure materialised next to Loki.

Victor's jaw dropped: "Mother?"

"Victor... please."