ASGARD: VICTOR

ASGARD: VICTOR

Even in the blizzard, the Bifrost was radiant and shined like a beacon in the icy air. The red burned on the left like a blazing inferno, the orange crackled like a warm hearth, the yellow radiated it's light like a the bright noonday sun, the green vividly cut through the icy air like a knife through hot butter, the piercing light of the blue streaks was lit like a supernova, and the deep shade of purple to the far right throbbed in the wind like a pulsing vein of light. Victor had glimpsed the bridge from a distance before, but never this close. He felt the light sear his eyes with radiance and the power of a sun. He would have been mesmerised by the glowing streaks of color, had Maximilian grabbed his arm and pulled him forward.

Maximilian pulled his away he warned him: "You'll be slightly disoriented as this is your first time on the bridge."

Victor nodded blankly. Maximilian grabbed Victor's shoulders and shook him. Victor's eyes snapped back into focus. Victor responded: "Sure. Can't wait to get off the bridge." Maximilian smiled: "That's the spirit."

Victor and Maximilian struggled against the increasingly harsh winds. They finally arrived at the end of the bridge, both boys coated in snow. Victor brushed the powder off his tunic and face. Shivering, he looked at Maximilian, who was also dusted with snow. In front of them was a large armour clad man. He wore a full gold set of asgardian armour. The horned helmet, the thick breastplate, the large sword and the Gjallarhorn on his belt. He looked like the sentinel that he was.

Except he was frozen solid.

Maximilian cursed: "Helheim... this is bad."

Victor felt the cold ice when he suddenly felt his hand grow hot. And on his forearm, he saw a crooked line gradually appear on his arm.

Kenaz, Wildfire.

The ice began melting, slowly the guardian of the Bifrost thawed in front of them.

Heimdall was like Thor in certain regards: both were large men with mighty weapons. But Heimdall's skin was practically white. Heimdall looked like an angel, with his fair complexion, beautiful skin, and soft blonde hair that seemed white in the light of the Bifrost. Victor thought, if angels were real, Heimdall would be an archangel. He looked at them with his ice cold eyes and said: "You have come to leave Asgard."

Maximilian responded: "Yes Heimdall, we wish to leave Asgard."

Heimdall places his Bifrost sword in the keystone in ground and began to twist it. The ancient gears began to turn and they were covered in coloured sparks. The panels covering them glowed with rainbow energy. Victor marvelled at the Bifrost: "It's beautiful, Maximilian."

Heimdall smiled: "Hold on boys."

Suddenly a horde of giants crashed into the Bifrost chamber. Heimdall cursed and began fighting off the beasts on his own. But one of the giants knocked the sword out of alignment.

"Uh oh..." quipped Maximilian

And the Bifrost activated, sending them into a place they never wanted to go.