MIDGARD: VICTOR

MIDGARD: VICTOR

Victor's eyelids cracked open, white light flooded his vision. The door to his left opened as a black haired woman showed Maximilian in, she said: "Your friend is this way sir. He's overworked himself and very bruised but he'll survive." Maximilian nodded in gratitude. Maximilian sat at the foot of Victor's bed. Victor started to speak: "Maximilian... how long was I out?" Maximilian emotionlessly responded: "A day. I had to lock the door of your house with a table." Victor's throat felt like sandpaper but he had to speak: "Maximilian, I'm sorry for what I said. I didn't mean it." Maximilian shook his head: "You did. And I don't blame you. We all break Victor, everyone has a breaking point."

Victor looked at him: "And you don't?"

Maximilian snickered: "You think I don't feel lost, not even for a second?"

Victor dejectedly said: "You're always emotionally stable. How would I know?"

Maximilian stared up: "If I didn't know better, I'd have broken down. But Skylar told me to take care of you, and I can't do that while I'm broken. So I won't break, because the mission won't allow it. But please Victor, if you lose yourself, you'd be throwing away all you've worked for, all I've worked for, and even what Skylar worked for."

On that note, Victor hung his head in shame in silence. Maximilian placed a familiar metal dowel on the desk to the right of the bed: "I fetched it afterwards, you need to sleep, and I wouldn't mind the key to the house. Bed rest for 2 days. London will be safe for now, only a blizzard not giants."

Victor fished the keys out of his pocket and threw them to Maximilian, who caught them effortlessly. The blonde boy turned around: "I'll be back tomorrow morning. Get some rest."

Victor took a drink of his glass of water on the desk: "Maxie, come here."

Hesitantly, Maximilian walked over and Victor kissed him on the cheek, and Victor said: "Thanks for not giving up on me." Maximilian went pink: "I would never. Now sleep."

Victor collapses back into his pillows as he saw Maximilian leave the room.