ASGARD: VICTOR

ASGARD: VICTOR

The moment Odin touched his arm. He slumped over. His mind whited out and all his terror, fear, and wonder at the realisation that everything he loved in the Prose Edda and Codex Regius was truth. The moment he was unceremoniously dumped in the gold gilded hall, he knew something was off. His sudden ability to persuade people to do things, the supernatural angel superboy that kidnapped him from his lodgings, and now this divine hall with splendid gold carvings of scenes that matched notable times in the Prose Edda. The mosaics and friezes depicted the birth of Thor, the making of Mjolnir, and even the building of Asgard's walls. He was transfixed by Odin. His earthbound senses were completely overloaded when he stepped into Asgard.

Now, in dream he saw a cave. A single figure was slumped over a rock. The figure had faded red hair, but aside from the disparaging hair color. His facial features were complete mirrors of Victor's own. His mischievous eyes, the wide wolfish smile, and the lean build was all reflected on the stranger. He leaned in closer. The man looked Victor in the eyes: "Hello Victor." Victor's eyes narrowed, it was evident now, the tiny scars above the man's lip, the faded Kenaz rune on his forearm, the same ghostly wisps of flame that danced on his forehead.

It was Loki...

And he was his father.

Victor stepped closer and looked Loki in the eyes: "Loki? Father?" Loki smiled indulgently: "Happy 17th birthday Victor."

His feelings weren't exactly mixed. He wasn't at all pleased to see his father, after so many years of his mother straining to provide for him, years of not knowing who he was, Victor's eyes narrowed further with anger: "YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT! You deadbeat father!"

Loki laughed: "You really thought I would've stayed away had it not been for these ridiculous chains? Victor. I loved your mother more than anything. But it was my wish to have you grow up safe on Midgard, even if it meant never seeing you or your mother for the years to come. But as a god, ''tis but the blink of the eye. And do not forget, the medallion I sent you, that contained some of my essence, you should be thanking me for helping you realise your potential. Nevertheless, ask yourself this, if you had the opportunity, would you sacrifice those you loved for the greater good of your loved ones? Do not respond to that now. I feel we will meet again soon... Goodbye my son."

Victor opened his mouth to speak but the vision of the cave went foggy and dissolved.