MUSPELHEIM: SKYLAR

MUSPELHEIM: SKYLAR

She would be lying if she didn't admit that she was getting tired of large ugly monsters of "unspeakable power". But she had to say, Lord Surtur was perhaps the most unspeakably powerful she would have to face. Surtur's human face (the only human part of him) was contorted in a demonic grin, Skylar looked at Victor: "How did you expect to seduce that?"

Maximilian turned to look at Victor to which Victor said: "Don't judge! He was much smaller and better looking before he went ballistic."

Surtur's laughter sounded like a volcano erupting: "Victor. You have earned my respect. I will kill you and your friends quickly."

Victor turned his sword into specially adapted mini gun (such that Victor could lift it) and revved it up: "Thank you, but you'll forgive me if I take it personally." And with that, Victor began unloading the mini gun.

Surtur laughed as he blocked all the shots with his sword and sent a swift kick Maximilian's way while Skylar barraged him with arrows. Surtur laughed as their weapons merely tickled him. Victor dived for cover as Surtur grabbed Maximilian and threw him at Victor. Maximilian collided with Victor, Skylar saw them collapsed on the floor and ran up and bounded up Surtur's leg, unsheathed her knives and stabbed them into his leg, Surtur hissed in annoyance. And flicked Skylar, sending her onto the floor.

However to her benefit, she had distracted Surtur and she lowered his concentration on dampening Victor's powers for a split second. Victor used the distraction and summoned a large green fireball approximately two meters in diameter. And slammed it into Surtur's right side. Sending the lord of Muspelheim into the left wall on the side, stunning him temporarily.

In the distance, in her dazed state she heard Victor yell at Maximilian: "Go! Get her out of here, get to the throne!"

She heard Maximilian come back with: "I'm not leaving you!"

Victor impatiently shouted back: "Please Maximilian, do it. Wait at the throne, I'll be fine."

Through her foggy returning vision, she could make out the two boys exchange two quick looks before Maximilian rushed towards her scooped her up and carried her to the throne. Behind her she could see Victor pick his weapon up. Surtur got off the ground, and retrieved his own weapon, a low rumble emanated from his throat, a horrifying sound that sounded like rolling boulders. Surtur was glowing red now: "A novel if not indiscreet trick son of Loki. I can see why your father would speak highly of you." Then like a volcano, his sword spurted fire. Skylar's heart skipped a beat and felt Maximilian tense and scream in horror as the wave of lava swept over Victor.

When the wave of lava cleared, Victor was smoking but unharmed, he had a crazed look in his eyes: "You should know better than to use lava against Wildfire's son."

Surtur laughed even more. And growled: "If you do not submit to fire you will submit to steel!" And slashed at Victor, but the blade passed clean through. Surtur bellowed in anger: "TRICKS!"

From behind Victor stabbed Surtur in the side of the next with his sword, Surtur groaned in discomfort, and shook violently, Victor hanging on for dear life, not dissimilar to what she and Maximilian did with Fafnir. Skylar was about to go for her knives and go for Surtur, but Maximilian seemed to realise what she was going to and placed his hand on her arm that was reaching for blades, and he looked at her with conviction: "No. Victor knows what he's doing."

Skylar retorted with: "Last time he said that he tried to seduce the lord of Chaos and how did that go?"

Maximilian winced that: "Point, but Victor needs is here so help me find the runemark that triggers the portal."

Reluctantly Skylar gave in, and ran her hands down the armrest of the throne (it was human sized thankfully), and felt an indent in the side, the rune Hagaz rune of destruction blazed crimson, Skylar tapped Maximilian to signal her find. But like thunder, there was a roar of indignity in the main space of the throne room. Skylar looked up, and Victor was straddling Surtur's fiery neck, Surtur like a wild horse trying to buck him off, despite Victor's sword hilt deep in the back of his neck. Skylar could imagine that anyone that close to Surtur would not be in a solid state, but the daring rider wasn't just anyone, Victor Lokison was the son of Wildfire and blazed as bright as he pleased and no heat would melt him, literally. Victor whipped around and shouted at Maximilian: "Have you found it?" Skylar spoke first: "You're clear!" With that, Victor seemingly channeled his adrenaline into vaulting off Surtur's back, using his legs to not only push back and remove his sword, but also push Surtur slightly forward. Maximilian got up and extended his arms to catch the falling boy. Once Victor was with Maximilian, Skylar hit the rune and there was the roar of a bonfire and the three of them fell through the throne back into Loki's passage. The last thing Skylar heard in her ears was the furious rage of Surtur's ferocious roars of frustration.