JOTUNHEIM: MAXIMILIAN

Maximilian opened his eyes slowly as the sunset lights washed over his eyes. He felt his wound, gingerly he felt that it had been cauterised which would explain him living. He sat up to find Sol sitting on a rock poking a fire with a stick: "And he wakes again."

Maximilian's mouth felt dry as he stretched his arm: "What happened, Sol?"

Sol's ankles and wrists were red from chafing and seemed to gingerly sting. Sol's voice was, despite everything that happened, calm as always: "Your friend packs a punch."

Maximilian uncomfortably looked away: "I'm sorry you saw him like that."

Sol sat closer to Maximilian, placing a tender hand on his shoulder: "How much did you love him?"

Maximilian glared at her: "'Did'?"

Maximilian's eyes were red and narrowed with antagonism: "I still love him Sol. Nothing he could do would make me ever re-think that."

Sol shook her head: "That's dangerous Max. You'll burn for him. I'm thousands of years old and seen many couples where their own loyalty ironically tears them asunder in tragedy."

Maximilian's eyes were alight with frustration: "And I would do that for him too. Friends don't abandon other friends."

Sol smiled: "I knew you'd say that. Maximilian Odinson, I have watched countless dauntless mortals venture the Nine Realms perhaps in vitriol or futility for a myriad of reasons. Never have I encountered a hero so pure of heart. Which is why I pulled a favor while you were asleep."

The air before them shimmered as a dark skinned man with a night blue suit appeared, his close cropped black hair with silver highlights glimmered as he spoke in a mild baritone: "Maximilian Odinson. Your courage and nobility has been commended by my illustrious sister, I, Mani, god of the moon will smile favourably upon you."

Maximilian shook Mani's extended hand and Sol beamed with pride. Maximilian stared Mani in the eyes with determination: "Where is he?"