JOTUNHEIM: SOL

JOTUNHEIM: SOL

When the two of them crashed out of the torn sack, Sol landed (crashed) like a pile of rocks next to Maximilian. Sol and Maximilian turned to face the booming voice. The immense giant was a forty foot behemoth, clad in comfortable grey and white leathers over human like flesh that was just a shade off white. His gnarled lightly fingerless gloved hands clenched a cast iron quarterstaff. His silver fox hair was neatly combed and framed regal features. His eyes were hazel, yet they exuded a laser focus of sorts. His clean shaven face was chiseled like a marble statue. He spoke once more: "I command you. Speak."

Sol recognised the giant immediately.

Sol struggled to her feet, her wings shaking as they folded back in: "Utgard-Loki, it has been some time..."

Utgard-Loki seemed to stare at Sol in bewilderment: "Now why would a primordial deity like the sun herself be cast to this lowly position? Heroics? I thought you better."

Sol felt a twinge if shame flicker through her mind: "I was the sun, but Fi'mbulvintr dictates otherwise."

Utgard-Loki seemed to ponder for a while before standing up and shrinking to the size of a tall regular human, still slightly taller than Maximilian. Utgard-Loki chuckled: "You're a fool Sol. You know the rules of coming into my lands."

Maximilian steadied his sword and spoke up: "I don't. And I don't care. We're getting out of here."

Maximilian charged forth... straight into a wall

Utgard-Loki sighed and waved his hand as the illusion before them dissipated revealing a stone framed cube with glass surrounding them. Utgard-Loki spoke once again in a more measured tone: "You will comply with the challenges or never see the light of day or the stars of the night again."

Maximilian got up and rubbed his head gingerly rubbed the lump now forming: "Fine. Point us in the direction of the challenge and we'll do your blasted challenge."

Utgard-Loki smirked and Sol sighed: "This is not going to be fun..."