Chapter One- The last Vessel

Claire's POV

The moment my eyes fell on red I was quite aware of who was approaching and I was also aware of the question that would be asked. My fist stung and all I could do was stare at the frame of an unconscious man. I rendered him unconscious due to his selfishness, a trait he would fail to erase. I could now hear the sound of clicking heels so I could only assume that she was even closer than before.

In haste I tried lifting the blonde but his body was just as hard and heavy as his head. How much did this asshole weigh? It was like trying to relocate a brick wall.

I groaned in pain, there were quite a number of better ways to destroy my back; trying to move living rock was not one of them. I bared my teeth in pain, various muscles within me tearing. Oh my god, this man looked far different from his true body weight.

I bit the inside of my cheek as I stared down at the blond before me, his body no longer in my arms but on the floor. Did I mention his head missing the grass and landing on something harder?

A large stone. I cringed as I reflected on his horrible fall.

This was all his damn fault. Maybe if he had thought things through I would not have to knock him out cold.

The maniac who chose the moment of our possible impending death to propose to me. Clicking heels sounded behind me, my eyes still fixed on Albert.

"Claire?" Ada called and I was now stiff. How the hell would I explain this to someone who was deemed his best friend?

I swallowed spit, my eyes not leaving Albert.

"Claire?!" Ada shouted this time and I kept my eyes on Albert the entire time.

"Yes" was my one worded reply the moment Ada's hand made contact with my shoulder.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Have you forgotten we have a vessel to catch?" Ada asked harshly.

"I am aware" I stated.

"Then act like it. We don't have much time left" she hissed.

I kept silent, not because I was ignoring her but simply because I knew not what to tell her when she saw Wesker's state. Luckily I was saved by the bell, Wesker's eyes fluttered open.

"Fuck, woman have you lost your mind?" Wesker asked as he forced himself to his feet. It was in that moment I remembered how tall he truly was.

Ada's eyes widened. A visual demonstration of 'what the fuck?'

"It was you who had lost all your mental screws!" I hissed as he stared down at me. Ada took wild glances at us both.

"I simple asked a question Miss Redfield" was his justification and I crossed my arms with wide eye.

What??

"And you could have timed it so poorly?" I hissed as I shoved his chest, Wesker unmoving as his eyes fell on my useless pair of hands.

"Is wanting to make you my wife so much to ask?!" He hissed as blue eyes change to amber behind the darkness of his shades.

Ada choked.

"You are the reason I lost my son and husband so yes Albert, how dare you ask me to spend the rest of my life with you?!" I yelled as I utilized all my strength to shove him and this time he moved slightly.

******

I kept my eyes on the portion of the room that did not contain him. Right now I was feeling bitter sweet.

Bitter because he was selfish wanting me for himself. Sweet because I knew he cared for me far beyond sharing intimacy.

Cared for us to have a life together.

He stared at me while I ate. I was wearing nothing but sweat pants and merino.

He wore a Tee with sweatpants also and I had no idea why the man was wearing a pair sock. Sweat pants that displayed his sizeable cock.

What the fuck Claire?

How convenient it was for Ada decided to cut cost by sharing rooms. Ada was with Miguel while Jack was with kim.

You are smart enough to figure out the rest. The fact that the blonde and I are here you should.

"Is that the reason you rejected me?" He asked and for the first in three hours I looked at him. I avoided the urge to hurl.

Did he not how to dead an issue?

"I never rejected you" I corrected bitterly. "I knocked you out" I continued on a firm note.

He laughed nastily as he fisted the table, blue eyes boring me. That was the kind of laugh he usually gave my brother so in this moment it was a bit sickening.

This man would never truly conquer his temper.

"And that should somehow make me feel better Claire?! I'm the only man to receive such an answer so it is only likely that I feel offended my lady" He yelled and I stood.

Curse his looks and curse his damn accent. What was supposed to be a meal I craved for now distasteful thanks to the man before me.

"It was never an answer!" I yelled and he arched a brow. His lips curled.

"The reason you turned me down is because you can never get over Kennedy. Even with all the shots I took for you you never will!" He hissed as he grabbed my arm, me staring up at the man before me.

My eyes narrowed.

"Wesker, release me" was my simple request but he did the complete opposite and held on tighter.

"Is that it?" He hissed as he threw me against a wall, me staring up at him.

"Let me go you prick" I tried calmly as the entire time he maintained his grip on my arm.

"You are still in love with him aren't you?!" He asked as he shook me slightly.

Well slightly surely felt like a nasty rollercoaster ride.

"Leon and I faced so much together. He is the reason I'm still alive today and he took my nightmares away. Nightmares you created." I stated softly.

"That was never the question issued Claire" he shot venomously.

"If I never loved him why would I marry him? Why would I bare the child I lost because of you if Leon and I never had chemistry!" I yelled as he held my neck painfully.

"I still request an answer" he hissed.

I kicked him the groin when he least expected it. He fell to his knees, his hands on his damaged area.

I stared down at him harshly, my holding my bruised arm in my hand. While I grew to accept his awful ways there was no way I would stand here and accept abuse.

If he saw me as a wife like he says there was no need for him to put his hands on me. For as far as I can remember with me he did that quite often.

"We'll speak when you get your mind back." I hissed as I stormed off to Kimberly's room.

First chapter up! What do you think of the first chapter?

Just out of curiosity what would you all like to see happening in this book?

Vote and leave those lovely comments :)