Chapter Twenty Three- Painful Confession

Claire's POV

The moment he sat next to me I froze. Both internal and external organs failed and my tongue became heavy.

I wanted to say something but the words would just not leave my mouth. Not that I mind.

Not only I had not seen this man for three years but we have not spoken for three years. A pair that has been through so much together are now two complete strangers.

I looked through the window next to me immediately, all I could do was hope these tears had dried before his entry. The last thing I needed was for him to see me in such a state.

The car was silent as it regards to a conversation because our only source of volume came from the radio. I went my dry lips, my eyes still fixed on the out doors.

I didn't mind because what the hell could I talk to my ex husband about? How I should have never cheated on him with the enemy even though he deemed his career more important?

That I didn't mind him cheating on me with Ada because I was no better messing around Wesker even in my marriage? Hell no and I would surely not ask him how was the weather.

"You look good" at his sudden and gentle statement I almost choke on air. Did I let my ears mislead me or did my ex lover actually throw me a compliment?

Did he just say I look good after all the things he had put me through.

"What?" I choked, blue eyes now wide and fixed on the first man to put a ring on my finger and the first man to put a child in my womb. My first love.

"You look lovely" he stated, his eyes falling on me for the first time and something within me burn.

Sure those were the words that were supposed to generator a blush but in this scenario it generated anger.

"You have some nerve Leon" I hissed, my eyes scanning his body in the most aggressive manner.

"Would you prefer if I lied to you...you look good Claire" he continued and my eyes were sharper than any knives out there.

"Are you serious Leon...after all you've done to me? After all the calls you ignored?" I asked, my lips curling in disgust.

"Before you hiss I just want you to know that I forgave you years ago" he lied, a lie because if I was forgiven as he says my son would not be a phantom.

"You took my entire life away from me and you think I beg for your forgiveness?!" I yelled, Leon's hold on the staring wheel growing tighter. So he had a temper, well so do I.

"Claire..."

"No Leon after three fucking years, almost four I will not accept that! I refuse completely!" I yelled, all venom with me falling on him directly.

"Claire I never asked you to..."

"Leon I spent years in a black hole because of you! I lost my friends and family because of you...I...", tears emerge, my entire body feeling bitter because in my yelling all I could do was remember bitter things.

"Claire you don't understand..." He stated in a firm tone, my eyes burning due to hot and salty tears.

"Understand what Leon? Sure I made a mistake affair countless affairs with Wesker but maybe if you actually treated me like your woman and..."

"For fucks sake Claire would you listen! I refused your calls because the night I took Junior and left is the night I lost our son in a motor vehicle accident! I killed our son by breaking every fucking reason light!" and with that yelled the car came to an abrupt stop.

Leon and I stared at each other. What?

There was no way this could be real?

"What?" I choked, my ears aware of that which was said but my brain very much unable to process it.

Leon glanced at the cars behind him before pulling onto the road once again. I started blankly, my throat dry as I had totally forgotten how to speak.

Leon Kennedy Jr. was dead?

*****

When we got to the mansion, mansion because this was no house, weaker was already there. Stuff as usual he greeted us the moment he heard yelling.

"How could you! It was easy for you to do anything else but be a damn man!" I yelled, Leon just as stiff as he stared down at me.

"Claire don't you think I feel bad enough? Everything happened beyond my control!" Leon yelled at me, my fist shaking uncontrollably.

If only he knew how much this hurt, how much I wanted to hurt him. Weaker stared at us oddly.

"You were driving the damn car Leon and if you hadn't left in anger my son would still be alive! I hate you!" I yelled, Wesker's eyes going wide the moment I collared Leon.

Leon took everything I gave, blood lining his lips harder with everything blow. Firm hands gripped my waist, Leon unmoving yet I could no longer reach him.

"Wesker release me!" I yelled, my wild cry effortless as Wesker tightened his hold on me.

"Claire..." He state as he brought me to my knees, Wesker joining me in the same position as he pulled me to his chest.

"Claire, I'm sorry" Leon tried softly, Wesker's teeth now grit.

"Claire, go upstairs. I need a word with Mr Kennedy" Wesker stated, me following a simple instruction for once in my life because there was no strength left within me to argue.

I stood but before I could even make the first step, my entire body collapse, Wesker's knees bending due to the unexpected weight.

It was really painful writing this and I even consider changing it but that would only affect plot :( I feel so bad for Claire :(

Vote and comment please (Please don't throw stones at me )