Chapter Thirty Eight- Surprising the husband

Claire's Pov

I bit my lip as I finally chose to descend the stairs. Wesker could be a bit extra because opposed to using a yacht or a hotel for our honeymoon the man went and bought an entire ship.

Yes, not rent the darn thing but buy it. 

"Gosh this man is in love with you, I've worked with the man for years and not once did he ever buy me a birthday present. Fuck I doubt he even know when is my birthday but here you are being drowned in his gold coins" Ada who was laced in aqua green and blue babbled and Jill chuckled.

"You go on and on about his nose Wong, the only thing he wouldn't mind buying you is a fucking duck tape" Jill stated and we both high fived each other before laughing like a bunch of crazies. 

"Yet here Claire is having things titanic style" Kimberly teased Ada and I chuckled once again.

"Very funny Jackie, what's going on between you and the douche anyhow?" Ada asked and the moment we were all down those mighty stairs we paused to look at Kimberly.

Her eyes widened so bad she looked extremely strange.

"Say what?" she asked and Ada made a face as though she was retarded the moment Kim said that.

"Say what?" Ada mimicked in a retarded tone which had Jill and I laughing again. Ada rolled  her eyes.

"As if I don't see the way you two looked at each other the entire wedding and as if I didn't hear you guys moaning in on of the huts on the beach" Ada fumed and Kimberly's hand was over her mouth in no time.

"Shhhhhhhhhh...can you be quiet for once?" Kimberly hissed and when my eyes fell on Wesker I zoned out completely. 

He was having a conversation with Leon and my brother but when his eyes fell on me, oh dear. I forgot how to walk in these heels but I think I played it off well because I was in my husbands arms without injury.

"Leon, Chris" I greeted politely as I was now leaning against my husband.

"Claire" both men replied gently and I could feel Wesker's heart pounding in my back. Well that was quite comforting, we were both nervous as hell. 

"Care to dance?" his lips touched my ear gently and I shivered. Images from our bitter incident flashed before me and while I wanted to cry I didn't.

"I never knew you were a fan of movement, you were always so stiff" I told him truthfully and Wesker's face twitched. I smiled up at him innocently.

"I'd love to " I told him and Leon shook his head at us, Chris taking a heavy sip of his beer.

Wesker took my hand gently, his free hand finding my small waist in perfection. I hadn't felt like this since prom night in high school, ( my previous wedding I was not this nervous that's for sure). I laughed at the random memory of prom night because even though I went with a nerd Chris threatened to murder that poor kid.

"You look lovely" Wesker told me as he gave me a small spin, his eyes raking my red dress and all the assets it hugged so tightly.

"You look lovely as well" I told him because Wesker complimented me well in his red and black suit.

"Claire are you afraid of me?" Wesker asked and I knew he felt the slight tremble my body have with each movement we made. I looked away from him, Wesker taking his hand from my waist so that he could tilt my chin.

"Claire?" he asked softly, me staring up at him in a wild manner as I could not quite answer the question he had given.

He was a smart man so he did not ask the question a third time, he simply kissed me. I clutched his arm as though I was in danger, my body shaking. He pulled away, his forehead on my own.

"What the hell have I done to you?" he asked and I buried my face into his chest.

*************

Wesker walked behind me without certainty and I didn't need to look at my husband to know that his brows were arched. His face looked that way the moment I said I had a surprise for him.

"Claire?" he questioned as I lead him to the unknown by his hands.

"I just thought I would do this for you, you spent so much to make Mrs Wesker, it would mean the world to me if I could make you happy" I told him truthfully as we entered the room I intended for us to go.

The room was dark the moment the door closed and Wesker seemed to trust me because he said nothing. Maybe had a gun on him for the just in case but he said nothing.

"Aren't you worried I might stab you?" I asked my husband as he seemed way too relaxed.

"No. I'm well equipped to stab you as well Claire, where I would stab you  may differ however" Wesker stated and my cheeks redden immediately.

"Could you lower so I can cover your eyes?" I asked and there was a moment of silence before Wesker spoke.

"And may I ask why?" He asked me and I bit my lips.

"It's a surprise remember?" I teased and he cleared his throat.

"Indeed it is because I won't even expect what you will do" he added in a rude manner and god knows how I did it but I was around him in no time, one hand covering his eyes while the free hand turned the lights on.

"Baby I would never hurt you now open your eyes" I told him as I slowly got down, Wesker blinking rapidly due to the intense lighting.

He reached for his shades immediately. 

"I don't see anything" I was told and I felt like knocking him out with a brick.

"Actually I'm down here Mister Wesper" the moment he heard the child's voice he looked down immediately, a small blond boy staring up at him.

He said nothing, his face not showing if he was upset or happy as he stared at the boy. I stared nervously, did I make a bad decision by doing this?

Was this something Wesker would have rather done himself?

My answer was received the moment Albert kneeled and collected the small child in his arms.

I was close to tears. I had changed this man in more ways than one.

Hola friends. Hope you all are okay and hope you guys enjoy my frequent updates. Soon I will be mighty busy but until then...

Muah :)