Chapter Sixty Eight- Emotions

Claire Redfeild 👆

Albert's POV

Claire stayed close to me just as I had instructed earlier, her forehead breaking my back from time to time but that was no bother. The woman was hard headed in the physical aspect also.

Ada and Jill stayed behind me, Christopher and Leon taking their place behind the two women.

Stanley and Ingrid chose to remain at the behind the group. Only god knew the true reason behind that logic because both were intensely distracted by each other.

We could not defend what we failed to see.

"This smells like we are walking in an un flushed toilet" Jill complained, my shades being adjusted with my index finger.

A mild comparison but it was one I could work with.

"This is where organs are retrieved and sold, what did you expect?" I asked as I fired at the first zombie that approached.

Claire fired at the other zombies that were in hiding and I kept my eyes on Ada. While my wife could be hard headed at times in this moment Claire was willing to listen.

Ada refused to. She was fueled on raw range.

Jill cried out in pain as something connected with her good arm, blood leaving the area in an instant. Her dead weight fell on Leon instantly and my eyes fell on the sniper shooters above us.

I should have guessed. There was no way this would be easy.

The boy was a bait for something bigger. I flexed my left fist for a short while.

Claire grabbed the gun that fell from Jill's hold only to pump bullets like there was no tomorrow. While this was not the moment to highlight this there was always something about claire with a large weapon while she wore tall boots.

I pulled my gaze way from her instantly.

Leon pulled Jill aside and covered edge her as best as possible. Another four men came falling from the staircase above us when Chris fired.

Revenge for harming his wife I presume. Any man would have done that.

"I really think this is a distraction" Ingrid stated as she slaughtered numerous zombies with a pump riffle.

I was just about to introduce that topic because even the very main that fired us looked nothing human. The real master minds were only toyong with us.

I reload my gun swiftly my wife looking at me as she ceased her fire.

"Your thoughts are correct female" I told her as I straightened my arm to take down three zombies at once. Christopher gazed at me in a bitter manner due to the fact that I almost took his head off in the process.

"Let's move" I instructed and that's exactly what was done. The only zombies that were shot were the ones that posed a serious threat.

Ada was the only one to shoot everything in sight that moved and growled while laced in blood. I groaned internally, did I not warn of getting emotions involved?

We came upon a tunnel, my wife gazing at the insect that crawled out of it. Claire was the last person I expected to frown upon the situation.

"It does not only stink, it reeks" Claire hissed.

I arched a brow, did my wife see another opening? If so she was free to highlight the discovery

"Why must I go first?" Claire asked and Adam shoved us aside as she made the venture first.

I grabbed Claire by the arm, my eyes fixed on her blue ones.

"You can always close your bright eyes dear heart" I told her and she calmed when she realized that we would venture together.

Women.

I tightened my arms around her as a blue body of water came into view, Claire and I stopping our breaths on cue.

Jill and Christopher followed, a huge splash being created next to Claire and I. Ada who was on the pavement flagged her hair wickedly as she also tried to get water from her hair.

Ada pulled Claire up the moment she swam close to her. Claire took deep breaths.

"Thank you" Claire breath.

"No problem dear heart" Ada stated and my eyes landed on her only to narrow when she smiled.

I was next to my wife moments after, Jill being pulled onto the pavement gently.

"Are you okay Mrs. Redfeild?" I asked and Jill nodded.

"Yes I am, that's nice of you Wesker" she told me truthfully as she pat my shoulder. I nodded firmly.

Ignoring Chris I reached for Stanley and his lover. Christopher said nothing as Ada pulled him up gently. Loen groaned as he was dragged underwater.

"Leon!" And Claire was in the water before I could even go and help the fellow. Ada eyed me.

"And you say I'm hard headed" she hissed as I took a deep breath.

After about an hour of searching with numerous intervals I came up with nothing. I was on the pavement in a damaged state, now I understood exactly why emotions had to be involved.

I gazed at the ring in the palm of my hand.

Ada gasped.

Vote and comment on that chapter please ;)

Two more chapters to go! :)