Chapter Sixty Nine- The real Gun Fire

Ada Wong 👆

Claire's Pov

I really hoped that my husband maintained his composure. Wesker was excellent at masking his emitions but I really hoped that he was in this moment.

Please, Albert don't allow the ring I was forced to leave behind influence your actions. Your wife is very much alive.

I groaned the moment I was thrown into a cell face first, Leon following me in perfection. A pugent odour filled my nostrils and I stared at my hands that were covered in rust.

The odour smelled like blood or rust for the most part and that only lead to my stomach churning. Gentle hands touched the small of my back as I stared at the floor.

"Are you alright?" Leon asked as he pulled me up by the elbow gently. I gazed into grey eyes.

"Yes I'm fine, what is this place?" I asked as Leon gazed at the men at work in the distance. These were all men dressed like CEOs but we all knew the work they did was that of mafia men.

"That was nice of you" and Leon's words pulled my gaze to his direction immediately.

Did I only hear part of a statement or was that what he actually said?

"I beg your pardon?" I asked just to be sure and Leon stared up at me as he sat, his hand on his knee.

"That was nice of you, getting in the water even you had no idea what had me" he told me and I gave a small smile.

"I am still the same woman you met in Racoon City, nothing will ever change that" I told Leon and he avoided my gaze for a small while.

"I should have realized your worth earlier, our son would still be alive" he stated and I lowered immediately, my hands on his knees.

"Leon it is not your fault " i told him with truthful blue eyes because it really wasn't. Saying it was both our faults would have sounded so much better.

Accidents happen.

"I was never around for you both and for the most part you fell in love because of my neglect.  I have to accept that " Leon told me and I stared at his sneakers as my throat dried.

"Please don't talk like that, I forgive you and you forgive me. That's all that matters" I  told him and Leon surprised me when he moved forward to hold my cheek with his left hand.

"Do you really? I placed my work before my family " he told me and I closed my eyes when he came closer.

His lips were warm and so were his hands. I part my lips and his tongue entered my mouth, my mind going back to when he was my husband.

No, I am not supposed to think like that.

My eyes opened when the kissed lasted no longer than sixty seconds.

"The blond is lucky cause I know I was" he told me truthfully and I only held his intense stare.

"How romantic" at a third voice I turned to face a man standing before our cell. Leon stood and so did I, Leon using his arm to place me behind him.

"I don't think the blond would be fond of that Miss Redfeild or should I say Mrs. Wesker?" The man asked and I gazed wildly.

"Who are you and what do you want?" I hissed only for the man to smile.

"Now why would I tell you that princess?" He asked and i glared daggers.

"Well hope my language is not too harsh because you know me and I don't fucking know you" I hissed and he glared at me.