Chapter Twenty Seven- Sweet

🎶Crying in the Club🎶

Claire's POV

While Wesker and I were not on good terms yesterday was the first of him not coming home. Absolutely no explanation given but an empty house.

The strange action only led me to worry, this was quite unlike the blond. Was he seeing another woman behind my back?

Was he going to leave me for her because she was way smarter and less attached?

I stared at the phone in my hand, my breakfast still untouched as the only thing on my mind was if something happened to Wesker. Sighing deeply I placed the phone aside, my eyes fixed on my breakfast in a wild manner.

Was this going to be a constant thing in our marriage?

I dialed his number, my heart drumming in my chest intensely. Would he even pick up the phone or will he do what he does best, ignore me.

Ignore me like he had been doing for the past month. No words exchange but common manners and necessary words.

My answer was received the moment my phone acquired straight voicemail, something within me tearing. Ignorance it was indeed.

I hung up before the operator could prompt me for a message, a heavy knock falling on my door. I jerked, my gun in my hand as I approached the door slowly.

Now who the hell could that be? Had Wesker returned?

Was he sorry for the man he had become?

"Who is it?!" I questioned, the dumbest thing I ever did in my entire life. I mean who does that?

All I had to do was steal a glance?

"Claire?" Came a voice and I swallowed hot saliva.

That wasn't Wesker.

"Leon?" I asked as I opened the door, gray eyes falling on me. My eyes fell on the two bags he held.

"What are you doing here Kennedy?" I asked as I crossed my arms while standing in the door frame.

I was still pretty much bitter towards him.

"Well I was in the supermarket grabbing a few items and thought of you" he confessed, my eyes falling on the bags he held in disgust.

Thought of me? How rude?

"I'm nobody's charity Leon" I hissed but before I could lock the door his foot stopped the action, the bags still positioned towards me as his eyes went above me.

"Where is Wesker, I really need to thank him" he stated and if I wasn't hallucinating I'd say my face twitched and Leon's eyebrows rose.

"He's not here but you can stop by tomorrow"I hissed and Leon stared down at me with depressed eyes.

"May I come in?" He asked and while I thought of a rude remark I found my body moving to allow entrance.

Upon entry Leon closed the door with his foot, me leading him to the kitchen. The fact that he entered I might as well took the groceries.

"We don't have to be enemies Claire" Leon stated as he unpacked the items, my arms crossed as I kept silent.

"We don't have to be friends either" I added bitterly.

"This will only make us bitter Claire. We both need to let our differences go" he begged.

"Our son is dead Leon, why the hell is it you still care for me?" I asked, Leon facing me immediately.

"Am I supposed to stop caring about you?" He asked as though my words stung. Maybe they did.

"I did spread my legs for another man didn't I?" I asked and before I could walk by him he gripped my arm.

"I have forgotten that Claire, why is it you still believe I hold a grudge? Wesker gave what I couldn't" He replied as he dipped in his pocket, a necklace being removed.

I stared at the item oddly.

"This is the real reason I came here.." He confessed as placed the necklace around me, my fingers touching with the item.

There was a picture of me and my son, I was breast feeding with a shy smile. My eyes moistened.

My little boy...

"Claire I know you'll never forgive me but I'm truly sorry for the way we ended and the death of our son" he told me as he used his thumbs to wipe my eyes.

"I'm to be blamed as well Leon, I should have been honest about my feelings towards Wesker " I confessed, Leon's thumb still moving even though all the noisture had left my face.

Silence followed, the thumb that was stroking my cheek now stroking my lower lip. My entire body froze, I had no idea how to react to this.

Was there anything to react to? This man was indicating that he wanted to kiss me.

And he did, my fingers locking onto his hair immediately, Leon's hand giving my waist a firm hold. I was on the counter before I knew it, Leon's tongue in my mouth while his hands were in my hair.

I broke the kiss, Leon's gray eyes locked onto my blue ones. I ran my fingers through my hair, mint on my tongue as we held each others stare.

"I've been meaning to do that ever since I saw you" he stated and I bit my lower lip, I could still taste him.

"I don't hate you, you got it wrong" I corrected him as he continued to unpack the items, some being placed in the fridge while some were placed in the cupboard.

I helped my self to some cucumbers and mayo, Leon looking at me oddly.

Yay! So I decided to involve a little Cleon moment and I hope the Weaker fans won't stone me :)