Chapter Sixty Three- Bear Trap?

Albert's POV

Ada's constant complaining came to an end the moment we came upon land. The one called Ingrid sunk the moment she touched land.

Her love found it amusing but for once in his life Christopher was useful and provided assistance to the brunette. Seeing her error I took a swift jump to get me on solid land.

Leon guide Claire across carefully, his fellow teammates eyeing him oddly. The moment unwanted eyes were going to land on me I looked elsewhere.

"Oh my god, I can just feel the bacteria moving all over me" Ada frowned, mud almost every where on her.

The moment she looked at me I smiled wickedly. Now that's the type of water she should swim in more often.

Silence followed, Ingrid eyeing her filthy attire and hands, Stanley seemed like the type of guy not to mind conditions such as this one.

Claire sracthed her skin continuously, Chris staring at his shoes so one could assume that was what was most important to him.

My eyes went wide when I spot something on my skin that resembled a leech. It was tossed back to the water and everyone else checked their bodies immediately.

"Well shit" Jill remarked. With the scent circulating in the air I rocked my nose gently with two fingers.

"Indeed" was my flat reply as I gazed around. This part of the forest was still moist but the main difference was I could smell animal life here.

For the most part it was safe to say there was nothing infected here.

I gazed around like a serpent in search of food. Well a rather poor comparison because I was searching for suspicious activities.

We had more enemies than friends.

"Clean water, thank goodness" Ingrid exclaimed, Jill's eyes now bright.

The fall was rather large so there was more than enough space for us to wash of privately. Thanks to rocks and water plants of course.

I was surprised when Claire walked right by me. By the look Jill directed I'm guessing my shock was quite visible.

That error was adjusted.

Stepping aside I allowed Jill and her husband to pass me, Ada finding time to swim when I had no fucking time to waste.

Was she even aware the amount of people out there who wanted us dead?

Ignoring the Asian I found an area where I could see or monitor the others while they were unable to see me. When Christopher positioned towards my field of vision only to reveal that he was in the nude I cringed.

I focused on my dirty arms instantly. Placing my shirt and shades on a rock I ran my fingers through my hair.

Was this Claire's way of telling me that she had lost all faith with me?

Is this a possibility of Claire wanting to go her separate way the moment this mission was completed?

The watch on my wrist indicated that I was close to the city we aim for. Forthy minutes away via transport.

The only issue was we had no fucking transportation to get there in such a time. I grit my teeth and closed my eyes as I lowered only to reopen them under water.

All I could see was plants and rocks. I stared at my hands, I had engaged in so many activities such as this one but this was the only one where I felt that there was a possibility for something to go wrong.

Whatever it was I hoped it had nothing to do with my wife's love for me.

I flexed my muscles, water filling my mouth through my teeth. In a minute or two I was up, my shirt being thrown over my shoulder as I hopped over what many others would consider a mountain to meet land.

"Time is of value, we need to move" was all I said without looking behind me.

"Where are we going?" Valentine asked a few minutes later and I was more curious as to how she left those damn rocks without breaking something vital.

"The city, the kidnappers resides there" I hissed as I kept my arms behind me as I lead the way. Leon was keen on keeping Claire close to him and she seemed not to mind one bit.

"If those bastards just as much as put a finger on him" Ada hissed.

"I promise you miss Wong that we aim to get you son back and take down those men" Ingrid told her.

"I'm curious because other than a leverage what could they possibly want with a kid?" Jill asked.

"Lab rat" Leon replied dryly and I could just imagine the facial expression he received.

"Claire don't..." But my wife spoke before Ada could finish.

"What the hell is this?" The moment Claire asked that question I made my way over but by the time I did it was too late.

We were under ground with metallic grills above us, the others staring down at us with wide eyes. I groan and even though I did that for a few minutes now Claire still had her knee cup on my vital organ.

"...up" was all I could groan on a strained voice and Claire leaned closer with her ear at my lips.

"What did you say?" She asked.

"You are puncturing my fucking seed, get up" I hissed, Claire on her feet immediately.

After what seem like ten minutes I was on my feet. I grit my teeth, my fist shaking as Claire took a step a away from me.

"It was a trap, I was trying to tell you,the purse was just a bait" Ada told the red head who stood next to me.

"I Had no idea" Claire replied innocently.

I was up the wall and the moment I touched the bars, I was fried alive.

I hit the ground quicker than how I got up there, my eyes fluttering as Claire lowered, still not touching me as my body serged uncontrollably.

Everything went black.

Vote and comment please ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°