Chapter Forty Seven- Away From The Screen

Thought I would give a surprise

Alex's POV

I stared at the screen before me blankly, I had been at this for hours but got no where due to a lack of focus. I leaned back as I stared at the letter directed to my brother.

That was no letter because for the most part the content was based on a threat. I swallowed harshly, sender was anonymous and so was the address of that sender.

Someone was still after us and I am now begging to believe we would never rid of the enemies we had developed. We had to erase them completely and by erase I meant with the use of violence.

By death.

I tapped my chin, if I could just source our main enemy I'm sure finding the smaller ones would be so much easier. I grit my teeth, this was getting serious by the minute and nobody but me seemed to be taking this issue quite serious.

My brother was off fun doing Chris's younger sister while Chris was doing the same with Valentine. Kennedy was busy with his new fiance while Wong was capturing Santos in her web.

Kimberly and Jack was a whole different story. They were competing with my brother and his wife for the title of the most fucks.

"What are you looking at?" I jerked slightly at Ada's sudden voice, Ada finding it quite amusing as she chuckled. I bit my lower lips as I gazed under my eyes, must Wong take everything for a damn joke?

U could have shot her in the head just moments ago. Damn it!

If only she knew how serious this matters was. I kept my gaze on the screen.

"Would you refrain, there are various individuals and organization seeking the very blood in our veins" I told Ada firmly and Ada rolled her eyes as she sat beside me.

"I'm aware but for the most part you sound just like your brother" she told me as I scrolled throughout various data.

Was that so?

"Albert is a very serious fellow but Claire seems to be distracting him lately so I don't mind picking up the dirty work" I told Ada as I rubbed my chin while staring at the screen.

"You need to relax Alex" she told me as she touched my arm. I could do nothing of the sort because with relaxation one becomes complacent.

That I could not afford.

"Anyway I got this from a certain someone and I was told to give it to you" she told me and I looked at her.

She was chirping with excitement, what for I honestly did not know because there was really nothing to get excited about. My eyes fell on her hands lazily.

She bit her lower lip as she reached a card towards me with a rose in my favorite color.

White.

I rolled my eyes, Ada's cheerful expression falling immediately. I pulled my spectacles down to gaze at her.

"Would you kindly give that back to my brother and I'll give him a point for this one" I told her firmly and Ada's eyes widened.

"What? Wesker didn't sent these, Hunk did. Why the hell would Wesker send you flowers and a card?" She asked and I stood the moment she said something to spike my interest.

Hunk sent me those? The guy only stared at me but I never thought that meant that he was interested in me a romantic way.

He never made it clear.

"He really sent those?" I asked as I stood, my back against the desk which held my computer and paper works. I placed a small portion of hair behind my ears.

"No the tooth fairy did" she stated and I gave her a serious look.

"Yes he did Alex" she told me as I placed the flowers down, my eyes fixed on the card.

Alex can I have dinner with you tonight? I await your answer and I'm in room 112.

Hunk

I scratched my hair, me placing the card down as I looked at Ada. I looked to the floor because I just could not stand the hope in her eyes.

Hope for a date that may never happen.

"I can't go" was my flat reply as I looked away from her, my arms crossed. Ada stood, me being forced to look at her.

"Too bad because I already called and told him yes before I got here. Also I already got you an outfit and a makeup specialist!" She told me and Jill screamed upon entry.

Before I could even say a word I was forced to sit in my very own chair. I grit my teeth.

*****

I blinded rapidly as I gazed at the various doors. I then looked to my hand middle to find the digits 112.

I followed on, my stop being made at the right door. I tried with my hair which were now in curls, the dress Ada bought hugging every curve of my body.

I gave a gentle knock, my eyes fixed on the door knob as I awaited its turning. I crossed my arms, maybe he had fallen asleep and forgot about the entire thing.

Well then...

The door opened immediately, my eyes drifting to a a taller man. He was that much taller than me but I was glad I had to gaze up at him.

Usually I gazed down at the males around me.

He face was covered by his famous mask, my eyes falling to the floor.

"Don't tell this was all a trick?" I asked and he chuckled.

"Why would I be wearing a suit Alex?" He asked as he stepped outdoors, his door being closed behind him.

"I don't know..." I told him truthfully and when he took my hand it was as though I was shaking like a leaf. I pulled my hand from his grasped, both hands being placed behind me.

"Where are we having dinner? What transaction would you like to talk about?" I asked and he glanced at me.

"Well I'm not interested in your work...I'm interested in you" he told me firmly as he opened the door for me, dim lighting giving my eyes the comfort they needed.

"Why?" I asked as I entered the room which was quite lonely for a dining area. He pulled my chair out for me and I sat.

"I like you" was his simple confession as he sat before me. He liked me, oh dear.

How could I turn him down easily?

Vote and comment please.